morning for venues

zoe's pov:

i wake up and look over at alfie, my gorgeous, sleeping, fiancé. he looks so innocent and precious as he sleeps softly. i look down the end of the bed and spot nala curled up in a little ball by my feet, cuddling a little duck toy.
the light seeps in through the curtains casting shapes and shadows all over our room. i admire them for a few seconds but jump at the sound of a notification on my phone. i roll over to face my bedside table and pick up my phone. i look at the screen and notice a text from amanda, alfie's mum.
it reads:

Hello Zoe, just wondering what you're up to today. Would love to see you and Alfie and talk about your wedding!

a smile tugs at my cheeks, i'm so happy that we get along so well. i reply within a few seconds;

Hi Amanda! I think we are going to be looking for venues today and I would love to see you! Pop round at 10:30?

i quickly send it and place my phone back down onto my bedside table, i sit up and spin round so my legs hang off the side of the bed. nala stands bolt upright and jumps off the bed and looks at me. i laugh and bend down to stroke her black, silky, fur. i stand up and make my half of the bed then i walk round to alfie's side and move his hair from his forehead and kiss it.
unexpectedly, he smiles but goes back to sleep. i smile too and walk out the room with nala following closely behind me. i go to the bathroom, relieve myself then go to the mirror and pick my tangle teezer hair brush up from the cabinet. i brush through my already untangled hair and place the hairbrush back. i tie it up in a messy ponytail and secure it with a red scrunchie.

i make my way down the stairs and into the open plan kitchen and dining room. i fetch myself a glass of water and walk into the cosy room with it. i pick up
my macbook air and log on. nala curls up in a ball on my lap and snores away contently.