if i dont tell you how much i love you...

Zoe's point of view:

poppy and sean leave and i look at alfie like a lost puppy and he picks me up and waddles over to the cosy room sofa and puts me down.
Alfie turns around to leave me.

"alfie" i say trying not to cry.

"zoe?" he says and walks over to me and sits next to me and wraps his arms around me. "we will get through this together okay? we'll find her" he says as he leans his head on my shoulder. i take a deep breath in and wrap my arms around him.

"alfie" i say and he looks at me. it kills me when he looks at me.

"yeah"

"i hope we stay together forever and who knows what will happen tomorrow and losing tanya has made me think that anything could happen tomorrow and if i never tell you how much i love you then i may never get the chance. alfie, i'm so close to being your wife
and i will be mrs Deyes and i've wanted that since i fell in love with you. i just wanted to say that i love you with all my heart and i always will"

our eyes connect once more and i see a single tear cascade down his cherry-red cheek. he opens his mouth to speak but no words come out so he lunges himself towards me, knocks me over so i'm lying on the sofa and wraps his arms tightly around me. everything seems to stop for a moment. i can't say why, i don't know. all i do know is that soon i am going to be getting married to alfie deyes and i know that i'm the happiest girl alive.

i still haven't stopped thinking about having children. the other day alfie told me to be more laid back and 'calm down' about the situation. i would but he's only 23 and i'm 26. i would have them now but obviously alfie doesn't want to. when alfie is my age i will be 29 and i want kids before that. i need to do what alfie says and relax but it's hard. my mind gets so worked up bout these things and it's hard to stop it from happening.

alfie notices my mind has wandered and gives me a gentle nudge.

"what you thinking about, eh?"

alfie asks.

i blush,there's no point trying to hide it now, is there?

"erm... kids"

"zoe... we've talked about this"

"i know, i'm sorry"

i say trying to stay calm.

alfie nods his head and hugs me again.