4. Hurt

Elaine was standing limply in front of Cristofero looking at the man she was hoping to never see again. Here he was looking at her with those ice cold eyes waiting for her to say anything. He had dragged her inside to an empty hotel room and was asking her a question she was dreading to answer truthfully.

Cristofero spoke in an irritated tone " Why aren't you wearing my ring? Where is it? Didn't my promise mean anything to you?"

Elaine took a step backwards " I no longer wear it because .,.. I ..." She then swallowed hard and looked down.

Cristofero took a step closer " Have you lost my ring?"

Elaine shook her head " No"

Cristofero put his hands on his hips " Then why? Tell the truth Elaine."

Elaine looked into Cristofero's eyes and her voice broke " I don't love you anymore."

Cristofero's eyes widened " What? You loved me the last time I checked. When I came to your old home town before you moved here, you loved me and now you have stopped. What's changed? Tell me..." He then balled his hands into fists. He raised one hand and punched the wall behind her making her cower away " Have you promised yourself to another man?"

Elaine shook her head " Hear yourself. What kind of accusation is that? I am an honourable woman. How dare you accuse me of being unfaithful. I just fell out of love with you. I can't love you after what I read in your letters. You said you want revenge. Why? How can you not see, this will destroy you? Taking revenge for something that happened years ago won't bring your parents back. What you do won't bring my parents back. They died on that plane too on their way to a new life. My mother wanted to be a teacher in one of the schools owned by your family. My father had just secured a job as your fathers lawyer.... Their lives were stolen away from them... But how can killing being any of them back. You have to stop. Go and live. Your father was a man of peace according to you. He wanted to turn his business legitimate. You can achieve what he couldn't. You can. You have enough power. Why not enter a legal life and stop living like a criminal?...." She ran out of breath at that point which coincided with noticing Cristofero's reprimanding gaze.

Cristofero spoke firmly " You are sounding like my brother.... Did he fill your head with such nonesense just now when you met?"

Elaine wanted to laughed " What? No... I just tutored him in maths... I didn't ...."

Cristofero spoke " I will ask him too. Lets hope you are telling the truth. Do you know what I do to liars? Now, go get your ring alongside your other belongings. You will be taken to your home. You will pack your bags and you will come to me. We will spend this week here in a hotel room, then you will come with me."

Elaine shook her head " I can't do this. Not again Cristofero. Alot has changed. I can't love a man who wants to kill as revenge. I can't do this. I really can't."

Cristofero pinched the bridge of his noes and nodded " Of course. I understand."

Elaine raised an eyebrow at his calm tone but became wary as he walked away to the door with his heavy footsteps. He opened the door and stepped outside. He closed the door behind him. Seconds later he came back " I asked them to bring me your uncle in a stuffed in a potato sack...."

Elaine's eyes widened " No.... You leave him be." She walked to the door and grabbed Cristofero's arm who was looking outside " Please. Don't hurt him."

Cristofero turned to her as he closed the door " You want me to hurt you. You asked for it. No one refuses me. Lets see if you change your mind now."

Elaine shook her head " I will do anything."

Cristofero smiled " Say it. Say you are mine."

Elaine hesitated.

Cristofero spoke " So you want your uncle to be punished for your reluctance then?"

Elaine spoke sounding defeated " Just let him go... I am sorry. Please tell your men not to do this. I will do anything."

Cristofero spoke " Its a bit too late. I think that you need to see someone hurt so you learn not to defy me."

Elaine pleaded " Please. Don't. He is an old man. He will die. Hurt me instead. I said I will do anything."

Cristofero spoke " Say you are mine."

Elaine hated to be forced

There was a knock on the door and Cristofero ordered enter.

To Elaine's horror, a potato sack was brought in and it was obvious a human was in it."

Elaine rushed to the bag but Crkstofero grabbed her hands from behind. He whispered in her ear " Now watch. This is what happens when you defy me...."

He ordered his men " Proceed."

Elaine screamed " No please. I beg you Cristofero. Stop this...."

Cristofero laughed menacingly as his men started punching and kicking the duffle bag. He then ordered " Shoot him dead. I am bored."

Elaine shouted " No.... I will do anything.. Kill me.. Kill me please. Kill me instead..." She was hysterical moving around.

Cristofero whispered Shh, calm down. Take the bag outside and finish him off."

As the men left, Elaine was in hysterics crying and she cried harder and harder as he heard gun shots from outside. " I hate you so much."

Cristofero " I know. But even when you hate me, you will be mine. I am the one holding you. You are mine."

Elaine was sobbing hard as she was struggling in his grip " Kill me now or I will kill myself. Your choice. My uncle is dead. I want to die too."

Cristofero shouted " Alright. Alright. That wasn't your uncle. I was just messing with you."

Elaine stopped struggling and Crostofero let her go " It wasn't your uncle. I was just making a statement. This is how easy it is to shatter you to pieces. I am capable of doing it. Always remember that. Next time you refuse me, be wary of cosequences."

Elaine was breathing heavily as she was covering her tear soaked face with her hand bewildered. She shook her head as she spoke " It was a ... lie? You lied to me? Really? .... I need to see him alive. I need to see him."

Cristofero crossed his arms over his chest. " You want me to bring him in a sack for real this time. This time, I will make them throw the sack in the fire place. I don't like repeating my execution methods."

Elaine closed her eyes. Cristofero had a sick mind. She had no idea what she saw in him. When then had first met, she had no idea who he was. They instantly had become close. There was an undeniable attraction. He had never shown her this side of him. He showed a soft side in their brief encounters away from watchful eyes of others, they used to go on the roof of her home and they used to talk when he came over for business or rather Theo came and he tagged along alone without his brother obviously who used to stay at home with their step father and missed any activities Theo arranged.

They had indeed met through business meetings purely by chance ever since they were they were children. He had of course changed so much and Elaine could t comprehend that.

Cristofero spoke " Now, you will be obedient. You will go now to collect your belongings from your home. Next time i give you an order, you will not hesitate. Do you understand. Am I making myself clear? Or you would want me to hurt you to make you understand how to act in my presence,"

Elaine shook her head. She wanted to do badly say "You make me feel sick. You are a sick psycho," but she had to hold her tongue to protect her family. He was truly a monster. So she just nodded " Yes. You made yourself clear."