~I like you~

Reader POV

"Shit!", you thought as you ran down the street on your way to school with a piece of toast in your mouth. You didn't hear your alarm clock and simply overslept.
You arrived your classroom barely in time. Breathless and exhausted you took place on your desk in the last row at the window. Your first lesson was history. While the teacher was checking the presence of the class, you looked out of the window.
You had a view on the schoolyard. Several trees had already brown and red leafs. A few leafs were flying through the place, looking like they would dance with the wind. Everything looked peaceful and harmonic. This harmony was interrupted by a crowd of students who ran through the schoolyard. They wore all sports uniforms, so they were propably heading to the sports field. In the crowd you could spot Tooru, so Hajime had to be there as well. You searched for him and found him running and talking with someone you didn't know in the back of the running crowd. Your eyes fixed him and watched him until he was out of your sight. The sudden realize that you just stared at your childhood friend let you blush. Tooru was there too but why had I my eyes only on Hajime? Did I propably... Like him? At this thought you shook your head. This was impossible. He was a precious friend and the rate the he would like you was 0% for certain.
After you let out a deep sigh, you felt a nudge from your neighbor.
"What is it?", you asked. "[l/n]-san?" You suddenly realized that your teacher was calling for you. He was taking the register and you didn't react to your name. After you apologized, an everlasting lesson started.

~Time skip~

You was in the music room because of club activities. It was almost time to go home, so you cleaned the room together with the other members of the music club.
"I have to go to the toilet", you said and placed the broom next to the door while going to the hallway on your way to the toilet. The hallway was filled with the light of the setting sun and you decided to hurry up so that you won't get home too late. After you made your buisness, you headed back to the music room when you suddenly crashed into someone while you turned the corner. Both of you fell to the ground.

Hajime POV

"Ouch! Watch where you're going!", I said. People these days don't really pay attention don't they? "I-I'm sorry!" Surprisingly it was [f/n] who ran into me. I stood up and reached a hand towards her, looking into her [e/c] eyes. She took my hand and stood up. Now we faced each other, still holding hands. It didn't bothered me anyway but it felt kinda weird, because we were not dating after all. But her hand felt soft. I thought they wouldn't match to a rough hand like mine. I was spiking Volleyballs the whole afternoon. They definetly felt not good. But it was time to do something against this situation.
"[f/n]-chan? You can let go of my hand. You're already standing."
[f/n] let go of my hand and apologized stuttering. Her face got red. Maybe she was getting sick?
"[f/n]-chan? Is everything okay? Your face is quite red. Are you getting a cold?", I asked and reached out for her forehead to check the temperature. She took a sudden step back, not wanting me to come any closer.
"It's nothing. I have to get my stuff before going home so you can go ahead. Don't wait for me", she just answered and ran down the hallway. Well... I was still worried but I didn't want her to get angry so I headed home alone.

Reader POV

I ran back to the music club. Everyone was already gone. My schoolbag stood next to the piano so I took it and slowly went home. I didn't want to catch up to Hajime after my behave was just embarassing. He really thought I would get sick. Should I really stay home tomorrow and pretend to be sick? I didn't want to explain myself to Hajime, because how should I tell him that I feel something at his side I don't even know?!
I reached my home and realized I was alone this evening. I went to the kitchen to get some food and found a bowl with a lid on the table. There was a note next to it.

My mum always makes this kind of soup when someone from our family is sick. Eat up and get well soon!
Hajime

You smashed your head onto the table. Your face was getting red again. "Hajime you baka! I'm not getting sick at all! It's just that I like you..."

AN
This is my first chapter. I'm not very talented in writing and english is not my mother language so there may be mistakes. Please tell me then! If someone is reading this, I hope you liked it and feel free to give a feedback!
Holidays are over in two days and I will have a lot to learn so I think I upload a chapter only once a week.
See you next time~