Croatoan Pt. 3

(Selina POV)

Dean paced around, Sam sitting across from me, his eyes down, but I could tell he was near tears. "Doc, check her again, would you?" he glared over "Doctor!"

"What's she need to examine her for? You saw what happened,"

Dr. Lee turned to me "Did her blood actually enter your wound?"

"Come on, of course, it did!"

"We don't know that for sure," Dean argued

"We can't take a chance. You know what we have to do,"

"Nobody is shooting my sister," Dean growled

"She isn't gonna be your sister much longer. You said it yourself,"

"Nobody is shooting anyone!"

"Look, I understand she's your sister, and I'm sorry, I am." Mark told him "But we gotta take care of this," Mark pulled out his handgun, and I didn't even flinch away.

"I'm gonna say this one time-you make a move on her, you'll be dead before you hit the ground. Do you understand me? I mean, do I make myself clear?!"

"Then what are we supposed to do?!" Mark argued, Dean tossed him his keys.

"Dean..." I warned

"Get the hell out of here, that's what. Take my car. You've got the explosives, there's an arsenal in there." Dean looked at Sam and Dr. Lee "You two go with him. You've got enough firepower to handle anything now,"

"What about you?"

I saw his look and shook my head "Dean, no. No. You go with Sam and them. This is your only chance!"

Sam shook his head and stood with Dean "You're not gonna get rid of me that easy,"

"She's right. Come with us." Neither of the boys moved "Okay, it's your funeral," He led Dr. Lee out the door

"I'm sorry." Dr. Lee told us "Thanks for everything, Marshals,"

I snorted "Oh, God. You went with that for a cover?"

Dr. Lee looked at us confused

"Oh, actually we're not really Marshals," Dean admitted

"Um. Oh," Dr. Lee left and Dean closed the door behind her.

"Wish we had a deck of cards, or a foosball table or something,"

"Don't do this. Just get the hell out of here," I told them

"No way,"

"You know I'm a fighter!" I shouted at him "If this thing goes down, then I'll ensure it ends with me,"

"For the last time, Selina. No,"

"This is the dumbest thing you've ever done,"

"No...the dumbest thing was when you came back. You knew this was going to happen to yourself, and you still came!"

"Would you rather me have been selfish?!" I shouted at him "I considered running away, far away so you couldn't hurt me and I couldn't hurt you. But then I realized that by me running away, meant another innocent person would have been put in my position. And that person, that person was going to be Sam...Dean. If I hadn't stepped in, it would be Sam in this position," I began crying "So you tell me I should've kept running...then you're the one being selfish," A knock sounded and Dean and Sam got up to investigate

"You'd better come to see this," Dr. Lee told them. We all walked out to find everything silent "There's no one. Not anywhere. They've all just...vanished,"

***

Dr. Lee was looking through the microscope, I was seated on the exam table. "Well, it's been five hours and your blood's still clean. I don't understand it but I think you dodged a bullet,"

"But she was exposed. How could she not be infected?" Sam questioned

"I don't know. But you're just not. I mean, you compare it with the Tanner samples..." she looked through the microscope "What the hell?"

"What?" I questioned

"Their blood. There's not trace of the virus. No sulfur, nothing,"

I raised an eyebrow "How was I immune?"