25

*few days later*

"Have a good day," I smiled at the people who finished buying at the checkouts. It was a casual Wednesday, busy as normal in adidas. Me and Nat were getting sick of customers at the till every second but we had to keep it in for as long as we could. Occasionally, we would look at each other and blow raspberries at each other but soon had to carry on with what we were doing.
"This is so long," she moaned leaning forward on the table. We currently had no customers as they were all over in the shop so we had a break for a few seconds.
"Innit, my hands are killing," I giggled, showing her my hands. They were red from all the work and dirty due to removing all the security tags. She laughed as we high-fived each other since she had dirty hands too.
"You busy tonight?" She asked, changing the subject. Part of me wanted to see my mum but then I remember I was busy later. I've been meaning to meet my mum for ages but I haven't got round to it. But it was my dad's ask so I will do it, only for him though.
"Urm yeah, seeing Simon tonight why?"
"Wanted to know if you wanted to go for a coffee after work."
"Ah sure, I'm not meeting him till later so yeah sure! As long as it's Starbucks?" I smirked. Nat preferred Costa to Starbucks which is another reason why we never used to get on. She rolled her eyes but soon agreed. Before I had a chance to answer, I had another customer. It was a little boy with the black t-shirt with "sdmn" on it printed in white. His eyes widened as soon as he saw me.
"Your Simon's girlfriend!!" He screeched, his voice breaking slightly. I nodded my head and smiled as he jumped up and down. Ever since me and Simon have come out that we are an item, I've had so many people recognise me in adidas it's insane. Some girls say they even come into adidas just to meet me. It's mad!
"Your so pretty Bex!"
"Aw thank you. Is this all?" I asked slightly changing the subject that he called me pretty. I've never been a fan of people that call me pretty, especially if I don't know them.
"No I'll have you too please," he winked. My eyes widened as I immediately cringed and felt disgusted with what he said. Nat was laughing from the other checkout due to the fact his kid was trying to get me with him.
"Urm no," I frowned scanning his clothes quickly before demanding the price. He gave me the money and disappeared as soon as he could. I think he was a bit embarrassed that I had rejected him.
"Pulling those youngsters ey?" Nat snorted, laughing hysterically. Her laugh was so much like Behz's but then she does remind me of him a lot. That is probably why we get along so well.
"Shut up!" I spat, holding in my laughs. But soon I gave in and started laughing as well. Simon is going to wet himself when he finds out...

**

It was after work and we headed to Starbucks. I text Simon saying I'll be a bit later since I'm out so he doesn't get worried. Nat bought the drinks so I stuck to my usual; Strawberries and Cream. We were sitting on a island on the edge of Starbucks as thousands of people scurried past since it was the time people finish work.
"Thank you for the drink."
"No worries, thanks for coming out. Marty's really getting on my nerves," she groaned, relaxing her shoulders. I remembered that name instantly as my body rose.
"Marty? What happened to Joe?"
"We split up ages ago, do you not listen to me Bex?" Nat raised an eyebrow but chuckling. I took a sip of my drink looking away from Nat since I didn't know.
"It's fine, I know I talked a lot. Plus it was before we became good friends," she smiled sipping her drink too. That backs up the fact I didn't know since I hardly listened to her during work. It was all 'Joe' this and 'Joe' that.
"Oh well I'm sorry to hear about you and Joe, must've been hard for you," I comforted while giving her a sympathetic smile. She smiled back before changing the subject.

"So how's Simon?" She smirked. I rolled my eyes and laughed at her question. From the minute I sat down, I knew she was desperate to ask about us.
"Almost 6 months and strong as ever," I smiled, my cheeks starting to burn. Nat looked at me in 'aw" since she was glad I was happy.
"He's literally helped me through everything Nat. I don't deserve him."
"That just shows how much he loves you Bex. He's a keeper. How have you been? Like I haven't seen you drink in like forever."
"I know and I plan to stay with him for as long as I live. Me? I haven't drunken since the night I slept with Simon. Yeah it's been hard but I'm getting there."
"Aw Bex I'm so happy for you. You seem a lot happier too. If you don't mind me asking, why were you like an alky? Like everyone has a reason," she said staring at me. Goosebumps started to prickle up my body but soon wiped it off. My breathing started to get heavy but I soon controlled it. Do I tell her?
"Urm..." I spluttered. Nat didn't blink once as she waited impatiently for an answer.
"I had a fight with my mum ages ago," I blurted out, slightly lying. Nat stopped staring and leant her body back, relaxing.

She didn't speak for a while due to what she had just heard. It was a lot to take in but she soon found a way to speak again.
"Have you not made up with her then?"
"No and I don't want too."
"But she's your mum Bex you need to see her again. She's the most important person in your life," she sighed resting her chin on her hand, which was on the table. Without thinking twice, I stood up, picking up my drink.
"I'll see you tomorrow Nat, thank you for the drink."

Before she had a chance to reply, I was already gone.

-----Authors Note------

Updating for Eloise cos I'm a bloody amazing best friend

From     _Unholy