Chapter 11

+

Chapter 11

+

My parents in sitting in front of me; it was such a weird feeling to have them both sitting here. We had spent more time together they both wanted to know everything about me. My dad wanted to help train me but the doctor said not until he was fully healed.

We were just having a good time when a guard came knocking on the door. "Queen Adlyn you have a visitor who request to speak to you."

"Who is it?" I questioned.

"Princess Leona along with two others." he answered.

"You can bring them to the throne room I will be there in a minute." I replied.

"How did she know that I was here?" Farah said confused.

"I'm not sure but if you want to come with me to talk to her that is up to you." I responded.

"I don't want to force you to share your story if you don't want and if your not ready." She stated.

"Honestly I'm not sure if I would tell I would like to see why she is here first." I admitted.

Farah nodded and followed me out of the hospital room and we headed to greet our guest.

When I entered the room I was shocked as hell to see Phaedra and Orva her lap dog with Leona. The throne room let in just a little bit of sun through the glass ceiling. Large crimson trees hung head where you could see the fall of each leaf. A large dark red plush throne with gold trim sat at the head of the room. An a long black and gold trimmed carpet spread from the door to the throne.

I had barely used the room since I had been in this position but I had to get use to it. I walked pass each of them as they respectively dip their heads. Farah decided to hang back to see why Leona was here first.

"You are the last three I expected to see." I stated.

"I know I haven't kept in touch since you left and you don't have to help me or them. But we had to leave Black Pegasus. Things have changed so much there I'm not happy I had to leave. My mother has even left the damn city and I just feel so lost and confused. I also honestly fucked up things with Kingston and I. I came here hoping I could start over and hopefully figure out what happened to my mother." Leona replied.

"I get why you are here but Phaedra you hate me so I can't explain why you are here. And why Leona would bring you with her." I admitted.

"The truth is I didn't want to come here I knew you probably wouldn't help. I did fucked up things to you things that I regret. I wanted to be with Julius so damn bad that I went after you to get him. I set the events in motion that had Edison go after you. And

I'm the one who gave you the tainted basket with Orva's help. That is why I'm in this situation now this is my karma. I didn't lose my baby like everyone thinks, Midas took her from me. It turned out that Lucas was the father of my beautiful little girl Penelope. Midas took her away from me and I need to find her somehow. But I know that I need a city to stay in while I figure it out." Phaedra explained.

Tears fell down her face as she clasped her shaky hand around a necklace she was wearing. I didn't like Phaedra but hearing what Midas had done once again it pissed me off. If we didn't stop him he would continue to do what the hell he wanted to do. Penelope was innocent and she didn't deserve to be stolen away from her mother. Whether I like her mother or not no one should go through what I had gone through.

"I didn't need to be with Julius that was clear I had to find that out for myself. I'm not bitter about not being with him not even a little. And you didn't have to come clean about what you did. You could have just come here and ask for my help but you didn't. I will help you because of your little girl." I informed her.

I knew that if Midas had taken the baby it was possibly at one of the camps. And that child would be recent proof of the shady shit he does.

"What about Julius does he know Midas took your child?" I asked.

"Julius is the one the gave Penelope to Midas and then he had me watch as he tortured Lucas. He was pissed off he told me he didn't care about a child that wasn't his. A part of me is scared that made something bad has happened." She paused.

"But I refused to give up I can't until I know for sure. I slipped on a special half heart locket that has a P engraved on it. It's enchanted and it won't unclasp or be able to be ripped off of her. Then she has blonde white hair that is exactly like Lucas hair was." Phaedra continued wiping her eyes.

"I have decided to help you two and that means I will explain to you little of what's going on." I replied.

Farah had been waiting in a hall that was behind the throne and finally walked out.

Leona mouth dropped open in shock for a second and then she ran over. She pulled Farah into a hug and begin to cry. "What's going on why are you here? Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

Leona threw questions at Farah left and right not really giving her a chance to answer.

"I can actually explain that but let's get the three of you situated. I think it's best to let you stay in the new part of the city. And we will also will have double patrols in your area just in case. We don't know what Julius will do when he finds out that you have left him." I replied.

Leona paused confused but realized she wasn't getting answers until we got to the cottage. I walked out of the room and into the hall behind the throne where throne office was. Inside was a large safe behind a bookshelf were we keep all keys and important items for the city. I put in the code and then watched as the large safe creaked open. I looked to the bottom of the safe at the key hooks. I flicked through them until I found one that I thought would be good. I then grabbed one key to one of the newly renovated cottages. They had been damaged during the raid of the city and were now all redone and nice.

I grabbed a coach and I did a quick tour of a few places in what was now Crimson square. Then we got to the cottage and a few ways down at a security booth is Kingston. She is going over something with two of the guards and then she turns to walk away.

At that moment her and Leona lock eyes. "Leona what the hell are you doing here?"

Kingston is shocked and I had no idea she would be on this side of town. I figured this was the best place for them to stay but I was wrong. I wanted to talk to Kingston let her know she was here beforehand. But now they were standing a few feet from each other and I wasn't sure what to do.

+