Chapter 18

+

Chapter 18

+

I sink my whole body into the cold lake water all the way up to my head. I sat underwater watching the blood slowly flow away from me and mixing into the water. I hope up pushing my hair back and slowly stepping out of the water. I had hung up my other clothes to dry and it was so hot out that had to be dry already.

The guys had walked off to give me so privacy while I bathed away all this blood. Saxton said we had all exerted ourselves too much to teleport especially Wesley. So we planned to camp out for the night using seals to protect the are we slept in. Even though we heal fast it takes up energy to do so, so Wesley was in no shape to travel.

I slipped on my clothes and walked off to find the guys and I paused as I heard them arguing.

"You can lie to yourself it doesn't hurt me I'm just saying what I saw." Saxton growled.

"I doesn't matter what you saw and why do you care anyways?" he bit out.

"I don't care I wish I didn't know it's the last thing that I cared to know." Saxton seethed.

He clenched his fist at his sides and they were both standing pretty close to each other. I wasn't sure what was going on but whatever it was I had to break up. "What the fuck I leave you alone for a second and this happens. What is up with you two?"

"It's nothing." Wesley answered abruptly.

"Yeah right nothing." Saxton snorted.

"If someone doesn't tell me what the hell is going on I won't be speaking to either one of you." I threatened.

Saxton sighed. "While you were in your meeting I caught Wesley out on the balcony. When I walked up on him he was lost in thought and he didn't here me. When I got close enough to him I saw that he was staring at his phone. And the picture on the screen was of you and him after some kind of jog. I asked him about the shit asked if he had feelings for the woman I loved. He tells me he doesn't and that makes me not trust his ass at all. He can't even be a man and admit it to my face." Saxton bit out.

"Being a man has nothing to do with it, it's about respect and that's all. You and her are together why would I try and come in between that." Wesley replied.

"So your option is to just stare at photos of another man's woman that's sounds better." Saxton countered.

"I think you both need to calm the hell down I'm not an object so don't fight over me like one." I said butting into their argument.

"This isn't the time or the place for this shit." I sighed.

The last thing I needed was two men fighting over me and especially in the middle of nowhere. "We all are out here in the fucking wilderness together and I don't want you two fighting. We need to be alert and on point until we get back home. You don't have to like each other but you will get a long and work together. Now enough of this let's get this camp set up I'm starving." I replied.

Saxton was clearly pissed off and I understood that but he knew that I cared about him. Wesley and I had gotten close why Saxton was away and I wasn't sure really what it was. I didn't need this right now when I had so much shit going on so I pushed it out of my head.

After a few hours we finally were settled in had our camp together. Saxton had packed camp gear just in case on the horses planning ahead. So we made sure to grab everything off of our poor horses before we left them. We place seals around us in a circle that would alarm us to anyone close by. Wesley had caught some fish and now we were all eating in an awkward silence. We had decided to sleep in shifts so I picked the first shift just to get away from the situation.