Chapter 17

+

Chapter 17

+

Midas

"What do you mean they're all gone? How could you let this happen." I barked into the phone.

Julius had just informed me that not only was his mother gone but Leona, Phaedra and Orva. I knew that Phaedra was probably searching for her daughter that she would never find. The elders and stupid ass Hale knew nothing about the last five camps so we were good. Everyone laid low for awhile and we were all very cautious about our business.

But the last thing I wanted or needed was Phaedra telling anyone about her baby. I was running for an elder seat and the last thing I needed was a scandal.

"What do you want me to do I have no clue where they are I'm doing all I can." Julius yelled.

"Phaedra must die you know that right? We don't have a choice." I whispered.

I was staying in a large upscale hotel and trying to get supporters to get behind me. I hadn't been checking my phone the whole time was I was here which had been days. I was so caught up in everything and I mean everything. The guys here loved to show you the women they have to offer and of course I had to oblige.

I didn't expect my phone to be full of messages and Julius number was right on top. I read his Farah's message to me while I was on the phone with him. I wasn't worried she had left me before and I always found a way to win her over. But the guards had yet to find her or hear about her whereabouts and I was worried. I scrolled through my missed calls realizing someone from purgatory had called as well.

"I plan to put out the word that Phaedra is a traitor no one will ever believe her." Julius said.

"Okay handle it and bring back your sister safe." I replied as a hung up.

I clicked on the number and waited anxiously for someone to pick up the phone.

After a few minutes of the phone ringing I was about to hang up when I heard the phone click. "Midas I have tried to contact you a few times."

"Edlen I told you to not call this number unless it's an emergency." I bit out.

Edlen was a captain in purgatory and someone else I used for their connections. We hadn't spoken in awhile so I was wondering why he would call me now.

"It's Corlince she is gone the fight for her throne has turned this place upside down." He replied.

"That isn't possible no one would have let her just walk out." I responded.

"We aren't sure how she did it but we think it was after she had some royal visitors. We have no clue who they were but that was around the last time she was seen." He explained.

"I understand if you want the throne you should go for it. But don't contact this number ever again." I bit out as I slammed down my phone.

Janeer wasn't really on the prisoners list so I couldn't ask Edlen to check it for me. Farah had been gone and had yet to even contact me. It was like it was happening all over again and I felt the anger boiling inside of me. Farah leaving like she did and what she wrote to me let me know that she knew.

My dreams of an elder seat was now turning into a dream of just staying out of purgatory. If anyone found out about what I did to Janeer and everything else I would be sent there for sure. As much as I wanted my seat I wanted my freedom more and I had to get the hell out here. I knew that I had to gather as much cash as I could and go into hiding and bide my time. I would figure out a plan to get myself out of this I just knew I would. And with the money constantly coming in from the camps I was set up in that department.

I rushed around the room gathering my things together trying to figure out where to hide. I had one safe house that no one knew about and I planned to go there for the timing being. I knew I should have just killed Janeer when I had the damn chance. But watching him quiver in pain when ever I wanted to brought me joy. I got to lay next to the woman I wanted every night while he was haunted by nightmares. And now he was out probably had his grubby hands all over my wife.

I wonder if Adlyn had did all this was the baby I should have killed really responsible. I knew that I wouldn't feel right unless I popped her little bubble. She wanted to come in ruin my life and I planned to ruin hers.

Adlyn

The huge behemoth of a man came charging towards us and we all rolled out of the way. His large body barreled into about for trees making them crumble as if they just paper.

"Are you crazy why would you egg a guy this size on?" Saxton questioned.

"Seriously I haven't fought a real fight all we do is train and I don't need you two protecting me. You need to fight beside me I didn't ask for a damn shield." I barked.

"Fine I got it." Saxton said putting his hands up in surrender.

"Good now watch in learn." I winked as I jumped up.

"I think you missed us." I said gesturing at the trees.

"Oh it's going to be so fun breaking you." The guy growled.

The archers had seemed to pop up out of nowhere and they were right on Wesley and Saxton. I knew that I couldn't focus on them and I had to focus on the huge giant in front of me.

Again the guy spun around to come charging back at me and I used that chance to swing my chains in the air. My chains looped around a tree branch allowing me to swing over his head and jump on his back.

"What the fuck are you doing get off of me." He screamed as my chains burned into his skin.

He swung his body around trying to throw me to the ground as I clung to his shirt. He ejected my body into the air and I hit the ground hard. I felt like the breath had been literally knocked out of me. I tried to get up but the hit had really through me off and the guy slowly stomped toward me.

He paused hovering his stone fist over my body. "I was going to take you home and make you my play toy. But now I just want to see your body splattered across my fist."

"Ha death by splatter sound a hell of a lot better then being your play toy. I mean your big guy but I'm sure your little were it counts." I spit. I licked my lip trying to stop the blood that had begin to pour from it.

"You bitch!" The guy yelled. He brought his fist up high in the air and then brought it down fast to try and crush me. I rolled out of the way just in time I had only made him think I couldn't move. I whipped up my arms and threw my chains around his wrist and begin to pull hard.

"Ah you bitch let me go!" He screamed. He made his other hand normal again and tried to pull his wrist free of the chains.

I backed up more and more and the chains just go tighter and they begin to get red and hot. The smell of burning skin seem to fill the air as the chains cut through the bone.

The guy screamed out in pain trying to pull away trying to break free but he couldn't

"Wants your in my chains you won't get out unless I want you to." I bit out. As the words left my mouth the stone hand fell onto the ground with a thud.

Blood sprayed everywhere as the guy screamed in horror grabbing his wrist trying to stop the blood. The bandits that hadn't been taken out had all ran off and left others behind.

"I will find you and kill you for this." he bit out.

"Your a bandit you steal, kill and have no remorse losing a hand is fitting punishment." I seethed as I walked away.

"I need to find a place to clean up." I said. My clothes were covered in blood and the guys didn't look much better.

"I think you had to much fun while fighting him." Saxton replied.

"Yeah you dragged things out longer then they had to be." Wesley chimed in.

"I don't think I asked either one of you to access my fighting skills. So how about we find that water." I replied rolling my eyes.

+