Chapter 13

+

Chapter 13

+

"Okay everyone quiet down." I replied. All nine of us sat around the long table everyone with their important files in front of them. Running a city was new to me and something I never thought I would be doing. But I finally felt like I was getting the hang of all of this and everything was coming together.

"As you know I will be leaving tomorrow it's only for a few days but it's important. Tora and Wesley haven't been really filled in on most of our recent events. But now that they are apart of the Sept they will need to be brought up to speed. They are here because they have shown they can be trusted and that's what we need." I explained.

I then filled in Tora and Wesley on what was going on so far again reciting those same words. "It's important that this information doesn't leave this room at all. And besides Saxton I need to bring another guard a long with me. I will be bringing Wesley with me so while he is gone Daya you will take his place." I added.

"What do you mean take his place?" Daya questioned.

"Tora is in charge of the Crimson Rose force but she can't do it alone. So while we are gone you two will be partners." I answered.

Daya wanted to say something more but I cut her off and I know she was pissed. She was dealing with a lot but maybe this would keep her busy.

"Kingston you are in charge in my place and that means having to deal with our new guest." I said looking her way. Kingston had told everyone her and Tora were together so it was no longer a secret. They sat together at the end of the table and I could see their was some tension. I knew that Kingston must have told her about Leona but I was sure they would work it out.

"No problem I can handle it." she reassured me.

"Barren and Donnie you know that you have to be on top of the army as much as possible. In just a few weeks our training school will be finished and a lot still has to be done. I expect you guys to check on that, stay up on guards and patrols and everything else." Saxton chimed in.

"This isn't the first time we have left so we trust you guys can handle it. But we all need to be on high alert because of Leona, Phaedra and Orva. We have no clue if and when they anyone will find out they're gone but it will be soon. Julius wouldn't think that Phaedra and Leona would come here but doesn't mean he won't look anyways. We have to be prepared for whatever comes our way." I replied.

We talked more about new businesses, schools, jobs, repairs and upcoming events. It was late as hell by the time we adjourned the meeting.

Everyone cleared out of the meeting hall leaving just Saxton and I. I let out a loud sigh and spun around a few times in my chair.

"What's on your mind?" Saxton questioned walking over to me.

"I feel like there is so much to do at one time." I admitted.

"That's because there is and it's okay to be tired you haven't really had a break. You have dealt with a lot and so little time anyone would be exhausted." he reassured me. He placed his hands on my shoulders and begin to massage them. He used his fingers to dig deep into my tense and stiff shoulders. After awhile I begin to loosen up and feel some of the tension leave my shoulders.

"We should get to bed we have a long day ahead of us." he said kissing the top of my head.

"Ugh your right." I sighed again as we both left the room.