Chapter 4: Adventurer's Guild and Demonstration

Shirou here, I wonder what happened to my character on that game

~~~~~~~~~~∆~~~~~~~~~

After some time Elise decided to guide us, but is it okay, she's a guard not a tourist guide right?

" Right, Elise do you know where to get some money or something, sadly were currently broke. "

" You can receive some quest at the Adventurers Guild if you want, you must be registered first. Also, though the income is nice the hazard is severe. But still many apply to be an adventurer. "

I see so there really is something like that. I wonder if the reception have a beautiful-san. I was kicked by Yuki at that moment.

Girls are scary.

" Elise-chan, can you guide us there. We would like to apply as an adventurer. "

" Then follow me! "

Elise cheerfully said so leading us to the adventurers guild. During our way, we inquired Elise about some stuff like who is the current ruler here, what kingdom, currency and such.

And so, this place is called Border Town, it is called so because it is near the border of the Kingdom of Schlag. The current ruler of the kingdom is King Harold of Schlag, and it seems that recently they have summoned 4 heroes, two male and female.

There seems to be turns of summoning heroes between the Five Kingdoms, and it happens in every 300 years. The heroes are summoned according to the rule given by the Holy Church of Shinen. Its purpose was to defend against the annihilation of humanity from the Demon Lords Parade that happens every 300 years and lasts for 5 years.

And so we finally arrived at the adventurers guild. The entrance is somehow crowded and clamor is present.

" Hey, is something going on here? " Elise

" It seems that a hero came here to finish an important request. They say that she was like a saint and healed an entire village. " Some Guy

" No way, a hero is here!!! Shirou-san, Yuki-san let's go inside and meet with the Hero Saint-san."

And so we were pulled by Elise and went inside. In the middle of the lobby, there is what it seems a girl in a nice looking silver armor with cape embroiled with logo of the kingdom. She look more like a holy knight or something.

" Oh my, Saint-san is really a beauty like what the rumor says. "

Suddenly someone pulled my sleeves. It was Yuki.

" Hey, isn't she a Japanese. "

" Yeah, judging from her height and hair. Might be better if we won't involve ourselves to them. "

After a while, the Hero looked at the audience and cast some magic. Light surrounded everyone in the Adventurers guild. Everyone felt rejuvenated caused by the light and everyone seems more calm now. The magic was [Purify] .

After casting [Purify], the Hero went to what it seems the Guild Manager and entered his office. Everyone cheered for a while and slowly cleared the Adventurers Guild. It was later known that the Saint Hero is named Stella.

We headed to the reception and asked the Beautiful nee-san there to register us as adventurers. We were led to the second floor where we are going to be registered.

" What kind of registration would you like, Ordinary or Gold. The Gold is quite special and nobles choose this. You will be raised to rank-A immediately and have a 10% increase when selling materials here. The cost for this registration is 20 Schlag Gold. As for the ordinary one you will start at rank-E and 5% increase in materials sold here, the increase will rise by 1% per rank. The price would be 15 coppers each. "

The difference between these two are big. But sadly we don't have any money to afford either and it would be really shameful to borrow money from Elise who has been kind to us. Therefore we are quite troubled.

" Can we register for now and pay later. We are really broke you see. We promise to pay after we finish some quest. "

The reception onee-san looked at us with eyes that seems like she's judging us. And after a moment she nod and smiled.

" Okay, I will trust you for now. Then please put your hand on this. It is called Sphere of Potential. It will make an ID with your name, status, what type of adventurer are you and element affinity. "

And so we take turns in putting our hands on it. The sphere began to glow and a laser like light hit the table. Then an ID like object manifested on it.

" Okay here are your ID let's take a look and please tell me if there's mistake, though it rarely happens. First, Kazuma Shirou......."

Looking like something is wrong or mistake, the Onee-san quickly looked at Yukihime's ID reading it carefully with her eyes. After reading both our ID's she stood up and ran to the back.

The Onee-san returned with someone behind her. It was a man in his 40's, he has a warrior like build and huge like a bear came. If I remember it correctly, he is the one whom the Saint Hero is talking to awhile ago. The Guild Master

" Mr. Kazuma and Ms. Kirisaki, please come with me. "

And so we were led to the room where the Guild Master and the Saint Hero came to.