Leo's Gold

Now as Rick got closer to the hotel, from a distance, he noticed the smoke.  He then began to run.   As he got closer he noticed that was The   Penny's farm.   Rick quickly run to his room and knock for he noticed that he forgot his key.    Max was watching everything on the balcony, it took him a while to hear the knocking.    

When he did hear the knocking he ran to open the door.   "Are you watching this." said Rick   "Watching what?" asked  Max acting as dough he didn't know about the fire.    "What is wrong with you , don't you smell that, it looks like The Penny's farm is or was on fire, let's  go find out what happens."said Rick    "Oh that was the smell, I just thought that someone burn some food or something,"said Max as he reopen the balcony door and went out to look.    

"Oh, shit that's kind of sad,   but think of it this way maybe now, they sell the farm.  Look at it,  looks like even the corps burned."  said Max with kind of a smile  "Are you stupid or what, those prints we found were right.  There's nothing under The Penny's property,  the copper we seen on our detector is about fifty feet into those woods.  Not fifty feet from her house."   explained Rick   "So, we don't need the property after all."   asked Max in a weird tone    "No we no longer need their property.  I did tell you that already. What's wrong?  why are you acting weird, Man I hope you didn't set that fire,  We don't need any negative attention." said Rick   

"No, everything cool.  I was just saying.  You know,  It's kind of sad." said Max    "Well, fine, whatever, now help me put all the equipment onto the truck, we're going on a treasure hunt." said Rick as he started placing all the special equipment on the truck.  "Man, can't we leave that for tomorrow.  The  Penny's stables and Barn burned, those woods must be filled with smoke. Besides, we'll have to walk through that property to get to the woods.  Come on, let's leave that for tomorrow." said Max not wanting to help put nothing on the truck.   Rick quickly took out two oxygen mask, then through one at Max, "Put it on, get moving."   Then Rick put his mask on and jumped into the truck.

Max didn't really want to pass by The Penny's he remembered that he crashed into Priscilla leaving the farm.  She might figure out that he was responsible.  But he didn't say a word, he then hopped in the truck,  put his mask on than say, "You led the way."    Rick shook his head then started to drive in that direction.

The Office took Priscilla out of school.  He told her sad news. Now Priscilla was home and tired of crying that she had fallen asleep.   Then she heard a knock on the door.  It was Sgt. Cruz with the food and supplies that she had written on the list.  "Thank you, Mr. Cruz, am I right?" she asked   "Yes, madam I'll be out here till two a.m. then my partner will take from there.  Here this is my cell, in case, of life or death you call, only."  said Sgt. Cruz as he started to walk back to the car and left all the grocery bags on the front porch.  Priscilla looked at him in a weird way then said, "Excuse, thank you but do you know when I can see my parents body."  Sgt Cruz turned around then said, "The FBI is still investigating, I'm pretty sure when they're ready they'll knock on your door. Is there anything else?" he asked    "No, thank you again." she said with tears in her eyes.   

"Your welcome," he said as he walked away back to his patrol car.  "He was kind of rude," Priscila said as she started to pick up the bags and place on the kitchen table.  There were about ten bags.  She was finally done.  "Now to put all this away.  I wonder where they put the receipt. He didn't even give me a chance to pay him for all this. Poor mama and papa, they burn to death." she said as she continued to put everything away and crying at the same time.      When she was done, she made herself a cup of coffee and started to put clean sheets on the bed.  When she was done, she cried herself asleep

Now, Leo, he was picking his mushrooms.  "Wow, this year they grow very large. I'll have to freeze some for the winter." he talked to himself   Then he began to sing, "I love mushroom, as much as gold, I 'll love them both until I'm old. If you want some mushrooms I might share, If you want my gold, then be aware.  I will hurt you,  oh yes I will, I will hurt you, believe me, it's true. I will feed your hungry if you wish,  Do not touch my gold then you may live." over and over again he repeated his song as he gathered plenty of mushrooms. Then he headed on his way back to his tree.  As he was walking he heard a voice come out of the bushes.  Leo quickly hid by climbing up a tree.  He stood quickly and glance down as Max and Rick stopped the truck right under the same tree.   Leo kept quiet and listen.