Leo's Gold

"Well Officer, we both been passing by here for the past two days.  We like to dig and look for oil, coal, copper, you know things like that."  said Rick   "Really, so what are you doing in the woods?  "asked Officer    "Well, have special equipment that detects these things under the ground. We were just taking a look."said Rick   "Did you and your buddy dig some holes in those woods."asked the officer    "No, we were just looking, using the director first."said Max   "So what the shovel for?"  asked Priscila   "We always have a shovel, just  in case we find any road kill.  You know they smell and all." said Rick  

"Really,  I guess I'll have to take a ride in the woods.  I do have one more question. "said The officer    "Yes, Sir." said Rick who now was getting a little ticked off.   "Do you two men have a permit for digging, I'm not saying that you were digging, but just in case you do find anything.  Do you have a permit? "said the Officer   "We haven't taken any out yet, we need to find the exact stop first." explained  Rick    "Really, you have an answer for everything, don't you.  You do understand the  woods is private property?'asked the Officer  

"Really, I believe that the owners disappeared many years ago." said Max   "So, it's still private property." repeated the Officer   'Well, I guess first thing in the morning we're going to City of Records Officer, we'll have whatever you need tomorrow.  Now if you don't mind, we have things to do." said Max as he started his horse to go.    "You do that, by the way, good luck."  said the Officer   Both men looked at the Officer turned the horse road away.   Then before Max was too far, he looked at Priscila straight into her eyes.   Which made Priscila nerves.  The two men then went on their way.

Now Priscila looked the Officer, "Did you see the way he looked at me?'she asked   "Yes, he's the one you saw,  coming down the road the day of the fire, isn't he?"asked the Officer    "Yes, it was him."said Priscila   "Don't worry, go in your house, if for any reason you need me, here my cell number.  I, most leave you alone for a while, I'm going to check what they were doing out there.  If you need me while I'm gone, don't hesitate to call me." said the Officer as he got in his car and then rode up the trail to the woods.

Priscila watched the cop car until it disappeared into the woods.  Then she went into her home and locked all the doors.  The way Max looked at her really did scare her.  Then she went into the closet and took out a bat and a hammer.   She placed the bat at the entrance of the front door.  And then she placed the hammer at the back door entrance.  She figured, if she needed an emergency weapon, she knew where to go quickly.

Then she fixed herself something to eat. She laid down to watch a little TV.    

Now,  Rick noticed that Max was gone.  He didn't think anything of it.  So after he was done, he took a shower and went to bed.

Priscila was falling asleep.  Then she heard the back door slammed open.  It was Max, he grabbed her by her hair and proceeded to tie her to a chair.   "Get out of my house.  Someone help me!   Please  Help!" she screamed as Max grabbed the duck tape and placed some across her lip.  "You young lady, have a very big mouth.  You should have mind your business.  We were going to leave you alone.  But you just had to start something.  Now you're staying here like a good girl until I come back." said Max as he closed the door behind him and headed to the woods.

Now the Officer was at the end of the road trail, he had to park his car then walk the rest of the way.   When he arrived at a certain stop, he noticed a big spot of dark, that looked as dough someone covered up a hole.  He then bent over to check the dirt, "They were digging out here. Those men are in trouble and they picked the wrong town to mess with." the officer said out loud  

Max was standing behind him.  When  Max gave him a response."You should mind your business, put your gun down now." said Max as he pointed a gun at the officer    The Officer then pulled out his gun then threw it close to Max's feet.   Max slowing picked it up and place it on the back of his pants.    Then he approached the cop and hit him over the head with the gun.  The Officer fell to the ground out cold.   Then he took out his knife and began to stab the officer.    The Officer came through for a second, screamed in agony, then he died.  

Now Leo heard both screams, but the second screamed sounded like someone who was dying and Leo knew that.   He quickly ran out of his home, to find out what was going on.  "Shit, first a soft screamed,  now a died screamed, I must find out what's going on.  It better not, those two, men from earlier.  I've worn then I don't play." Leo said as he was getting close to some shoveling noise.

Now Priscila was frustrated and scared, for she knew there was no way she was getting away.

Now Leo finally reached the first scream, not the death scream.