5teen

"Get away, Pete!" I screamed, stepping behind Damon who raised his knife defensively.

"Julia, I know its hard to believe, but I never lied to you about how I felt. I love you, Julia." Pete said. I couldn't see his face from here because it was dark but it sounded like he was about to cry.

"Don't talk to her!" Damon yelled. He gripped my hand and guided me further away from Pete.

"Watch out!" I said as we came dangerously close to the edge of the deep crater in the ground. Pete stepped closer.

"I'm sorry, i'm so sorry." he said. I dropped my gaze. I couldn't look at him. "I didnt want for it to be like this!"

"GO AWAY!" Damon yelled, taking a step back. I gasped and gripped the back of his shirt as my feet came to the very edge of the ground. Now directly behind us, the ground disappeared into darkness who know how deep.

"SHUT UP!" Pete yelled, startling me. "I'm done taking orders from you!"

I frowned, had he finally lost his mind?

He kept talking. "Julia, I know this is crazy but please listen. Don't trust him, he's the one who blackmailed us into kidnapping you!!"

I blinked. His words made no sense. "What's he talking about?" I asked. To my horror, Damon turned around to look at me with a smile. His eyes were pale and evil.

"Oh well, secrets out. Yes, I ordered them to kidnap you, Julia. It was me they were following from the very start. You're special Julia, I know you know that. You've always felt different haven't you? Like you didn't fit in with the crowd. Like no one understood you. Do you know why?" Damon explained, his voice cold and cruel.

Tears flooded my eyes as I looked at the now unfamiliar face of my best friend. "Why?" I asked quietly. "Who are you?"

He threw his head back and laughed. "Do you know what this pit is? Pete was lying when he said he didn't."

I wasn't brave enough to look at the crater behind me.

"This is where my spaceship crash landed. I've always hated earth and decided it was time to destroy it. I was lucky to find you, Julia. Because you're the key."

he leaned and whispered in my ear. "You're an atom bomb."

Then he shoved me and I fell into the pit and when I hit the ground the world exploded and everyone died.

The end.