Preview; Trouble in Paradise

"Hey! You!" I shout at the top of my lungs, pointing at the man standing in the street. He's tall, got dark hair, a small, trimmed beard, and is wearing unusual garb. And by unusual, I mean a rich red cape with a popped up collar placed over blue robes. He has a multitude of leather belts wrapped around his waist, and I cannot fathom why he would even need that many. Like, are his pants that frickin' baggy? Like, what? But that's not the main reason I'm here. Around his neck is a golden pendent, and inside the pendent is a green gem. It shimmers and shines brightly, casting a vivid green shadow. From what I've learned from Thor, it's one of the Infinity Stones much like the yellow gem that's in Vision's head. Except, apparently this one controls time whereas Vision's is the Mind Stone. I didn't have a problem with the guy wielding it, until now. He showed up in the streets being chased by a bunch of hooligans and is causing mayhem. Now I'm tasked with facing this new player, while the rest of the team play damage control.

"Yeah! You! You know I'm pointing at you, red cape man!" I furiously shout as I dodge getting crushed by a projectile coming back down to the earth, narrowly missing me. The man swiftly turns on his heel, facing me. Around my hands, my energy begins to build, and my skin begins to give off a faint glow. My eyes are giving off a brilliant golden mist that falls from the corners of my eyes before disappearing. I pause and stand up straight as I face the man, Steven Strange, is his name. He also faces me. Dr. Strange seems entirely unconcerned about my presence or my abilities. He must know I'm enhanced, but I'm still not sure if he knows that I'm not part of the side he's fighting against. In fact, I don't even know why I'm here. I'm a terrible recruiter. I'm impulsive, short-tempered, and incredibly sarcastic. Like, even Vision would have been a better recruiter than me. Honestly.

"You know-" I lift my hand, pointing an accusatory finger at him, and my powers cause a circular glow to form. However, before I can finish, a portal like hole forms right under my feet and I plummet. In the distance, I can hear a panicked shout.

"Iris!"

"Pietro!" I shout and watch as the portal shuts above me the same moment my back slams against a wooden floor. "What the bloody hell!" I grumble breathlessly, having the wind knocked straight out of my lungs. I roll over onto my side before getting onto my hands and knees. I then lift one hand to wrap around my rib cage, where my injury is. "Who the hell taught that man his manners? Because it obviously wasn't his damn mother. Like what the absolute sh-" I look up, startled to find a bunch of frightened children all looking at me, binders and books in their arms, with a fear in their eyes. "-it..." My eyes wander from the children to the extravagant looking place I've landed. It's mainly made up of wood, and looks to be the entrance of a castle-like building.

"Woah where'd she come from?" I hear someone ask and I grumble under my breath as I wobbly stand to my feet. I straighten out and shake my hair from my face. In front of me is a kid, silver hair, goggles on his head, a Rush band-tee on, and a metallic silver jacket over that. He's holding an energy drink and seems to be carelessly checking me out.

"Boy, you better back off before I beat your ass." I threaten, narrowing my eyes at the kid.

"Yeah, if you can even catch me." He replies cockily, lifting a brow at me. This causes me to glare at him before I take a deliberate step in his direction. Much to my surprise, a gust of wind sends my hair back into my face and after I remove it I discover the kid's gone. Just...gone. I whirl around on my heel, a scowl on my face, to discover the kid on the other side of the hall. He's taking a sip of his drink as he wiggles his fingers at me in a mocking wave.

"Alright, what the bloody hell." I snap.

"Peter!" I hear being shouted before a man, who looks much too young to be in a wheelchair, comes around the corner. "What are you doing?" He demands and I glare across the room at the silver-haired boy.