Chapter Seven: The Thrill of it All

Lauren's POV

I laid in bed watching my baby sleep, she looks so adorable when she sleeps. She does this thing where her nose wrinkles and then she smiles and it makes me melt every time.

I laid on my back and watched the ceiling, I couldn't sleep and I knew the reason why.

I sat up and watched Mani sleep for a little while longer and when I was absolutely sure she was fast asleep I got up and went to the living room.

I heard my phone buzzing somewhere, when I picked it up I noticed I had 2 missed calls and 4 new messages, they read:

Lucy (10:30pm): Hey

Lucy (10:31pm): What's up

Lucy (10:32pm): Was the soup good?

Lucy (10:45pm): Helloooo

I felt myself smiling and I immediately scolded myself for doing so. I was in a happy relationship, and I just had amazing sex with my girlfriend a few hours ago. So why was this girl making me feel this way, with simple text messages?

To be honest, my cheerful behavior and great moods had been because of Lucy. Don't get me wrong I love Normani, she makes me happier than life itself. I just have been feeling like I need to hang out with Lucy, like I owe it to myself. I haven't felt this happy since before Normani...you know.

I don't think it will go anywhere, I just love being around her. We have been hanging out every day after school for the past month and I've learned so much from her and she awakens things in me I didn't know I could feel.

I picked up my phone and replied to her messages

New Message: Hey, sorry I was busy. The soup was BEE-licious!!!

Lucy (1:45am): HAHAHAHAHA I FUCKING LOVE YOU!

Lucy (1:45am): Are we still on for the movies Friday? I could come and pick you up m'lady.

New Message: Um, I'll let you know. I have so much classwork that needs to get done.

Lucy (1:55am): :( okay

I stared at the message. Lucy and Normani don't know each other exist, and I plan on keeping it that way. I drank some juice that Normani had left on the table and went back into our room and crawled back into bed.

I started to drift off to sleep.

I could feel myself entering dangerous territory but I just couldn't stop myself. I was living on the edge and I loved the thrill.

End Lauren POV

***

A/N: Very short chapter, but hey ya'll got two updates in one day. But this chapter is to set the mood for what's to come, so buckle up and get ready.

hehe.

Twitter: // @laurmanisbae