Chloroform Rags and Dark Rooms

Chapter 3:

Chloroform Rags and Dark Rooms

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I woke up and went downstairs to the kitchen to fix myself a bowl of cereal. I pulled a bowl down and dropped it abruptly as a hand wrapped around my mouth.

"Why, hello Butterfly," a man with a deep, gravely voice said in my ear. "We can do this peacefully or we can do it the hard way. Now I'm going to remove my hand slowly, if you scream, we'll have to do it the hard way and that just won't be fun, will it?"

I shook my head, my eyes wide with fear. Slowly his hand left my mouth and I turned around. "I- I..."

I found myself unable to finish my sentence. I looked at him and smacked him hard in the face. "That. That was my dad. He was everything to me."

I hit him again in the face, his head whipping sideways on contact.

"Oh. A feisty little butterfly, eh? Looks like you stay with me is gonna be fun," he sneered.

I saw the world spinning to black even before I felt the rag on my face.

********

I woke up in a dark room, my hair in my face and my hands and feet bound in tape.

I heard movement in the corner as he spoke. "So, Butterfly, we're going to go over rules and then we'll go over punishment and rewards. Okay?

"To begin, rule number one is do what your told. I say shut up, you shut up. Rule number two is no questions. The end.

"Next, punishment. If you break rule number one, it'll be physical torture to you. If you break rule number two, poor Jose will get it. Simple enough?" he began to laugh as I looked at him, truly horrified.

"Yes sir." I said softly.

"Good. Now rewards. If you behave long enough, I'll let you move in to the same room as your boyfriend. But remember that you are mine and I say what's appropriate and what isn't. Also, a small reward is food. The biggest reward would be to live because honestly, Butterfly, I want to keep you until I die. Also, call me sir, master, or simply Adam."

After that, he left the room. Leaving me with nothing but my own fear and thoughts.

A lot happened in this chapter... More coming soon. Like, really soon. Vote, comment, etc.