Chapter 1 "Is it a joke, or they are serious?"

Most of the population in Milford used bikes, children and teenagers - roller skates. I wasn't exception and I had bike. When I had to go to another city or somewhere even further, I used public transport. Milford was not a big city and riding a bike doesn't pollute the environment, and keep fit.  I rode a bike for ten minutes, and saw a familiar sign. The largest supermarket in Milford. Somewhere in California or New York, people would have taken this building as small store, but it's popular place for shopping here. And there is always a lot of people, especially in the evening. So I always shopping in the morning.

I parked my bike at the door and went to the supermarket. The security guard welcomed me, we were good friends. He was born in Milford, and worked ten years as a security guard in the supermarket. People in this town were kind and very sociable. So calm, peaceful, smiling all the time. Just the city of happiness and goodness! I stopped to chat with Ron, thereby security guard. At this time, I noticed how the supermarket has entered a guy. I've never seen him in Milford before... Although this is logical, because I rarely leave the house. Anyway, why is this guy caught my attention? He was incredibly beautiful. He is seemed just perfect. I was staring at him so that I forgot about Ron.

"Hey, Gerard, where are you looking at?"

I shuddered with fear and looked at the guard.

"Anywhere," hesitantly I said, trying to find that guy, but he seemed to disappear. I sighed sadly. Suddenly Ron called over the radio. Not surprisingly, he's a security guard. I started to whistle something, considering the people who were in the supermarket, considering the shelves with products in bright, brilliant packaging, as if it was not the usual food, it was like Christmas gifts. When I turned to Ron, I even gasped.

"Hey, what happened? You look terrible!" but the man didn't even hear me.

On his face was a inexpressible fear. I could not even imagine what happened!

"I got a call from the police. Now here come the police..." Ron's speech was incoherent and incomprehensible, he was hide something later I heard the sound of a police siren. Can you imagine, police at the murder scene comes much slower than hither. I was so scared. I turned pale and could not move. And yet, this guard hiding something. Two men in police uniform and with guns burst into a supermarket. Everyone who was here, in a moment staring at them. One of the policemen was much older, taller and bigger, he was holding a loudspeaker.

'What the hell happened? Maybe here is killer or escaped felon?'

"Attention! Please remain calm! In Milford declared an emergency! We have received information that one of the residents of Milford sick hitherto unknown science of the virus," the policeman paused for a moment, and then went on to say, - the government has decided to close the city with residents to quarantine to prevent the penetration of the virus into other cities and states. Until we decide what to do with the residents of Milford, issued an order to seal the building. You should staying in the supermarket a few days until you have checked for disease and not be taken away.

You should see only the faces of the people who were in the supermarket... they showed the horror, fear, shock, confusion. I tried to comprehend this information in the first minute.

"Virus?.. Quarantine?.. What are they? This is a joke, or are they serious?" - In my mind were questions that hadn't answers. I'm with my mad eyes, which were the size of a saucer from fear, looked at Ron. His face was the same, we met eyes, and saw the horror in the eyes of each other. Police sealed up outside a supermarket. They locked the doors and windows. They are locked in a supermarket almost fifty people! In general, I could not to think soberly, I even forgot for a while that now for a long time didn't visit my home. I should to live for several days in a supermarket with a bunch of strangers, unfamiliar people! First I would like to hope that I sleep, but that was not the case.

Wanted diversity in life? Received damn it. Began a terrible fuss. The girls started screaming, running, knocking on the window. At the supermarket were children, someone didn't understand what had happened, someone cried. There were elderly, disabled, and even in the chair, on my right. And just now I remembered! I was locked up with that guy here. I started looking for his eyes, and it was not there. Couldn't he get away? Couldn't. I went through a few rows of food and saw him. But I saw him another. I must say, he looked pathetic. He sat on the floor, leaning against the fridge with drinks, clutching his knees to his chest and holding their hands. He was scared like a little helpless kitten, as if left all alone in a dangerous world. He didn't notice me, and I could properly consider him. It was definitely younger than me, he looked about 16-17 years. He has an incredibly beautiful face and eyes full of sadness and despair. I looked at it a few minutes and then came out from behind a corner, went up to him and sat down. The guy looked at me, and you know, I must say he looked even more beautiful.

"Hello..." he said quiet and trembling voice. I do even flinch on how much pain I heard in it.

"Hi," I said softly. "Since we locked up here for a few days... I guess you don't mind to meet? My name is Gerard."

"Frank," a barely audible guy answered and stared at the floor.

I had to calm him down, but I don't know how. So, I need to think about how usually soothe people... damn, I do not know.

"Hey, don't worry. Everything will be fine, we'll stay here a couple of days and then we will take out of here. Everything will be fine!"

In my voice heard uncertainty, and then I realized that it is better than I do nothing. But of course we would like to believe that the government doesn't care for the more than five thousand inhabitants of Milford. We sat in silence for a few minutes. I looked at Frank, and something inside hurt me, I wanted so much to help him. And the only thing I came up with - to distract him from the bad thoughts.

"Since we're locked in here, at least for a few days," I said and stood up from the floor, shaking off jeans,  "we need to stock up on food. Still, to survive together is much better than alone."

If after these words from Frank was followed by a question: why me?.. I couldn't answer it. I didn't know what this sad and lonely boy so attracted me. But I have not heard of this question. Frank looked over at me, and there I could see agreement. Frank and I were familiar as if for a long time: we understand each other without words. We first started taking food off the shelves, hygiene items and other things essential. Still, the supermarket was a lot of people, and someone couldn't get it. When other people started to notice that we take the products with Frank and carry away somewhere, they began to do the same. In short, if I had not proposed this idea, the next day there would be Hunger Games, and would save only one. Incidentally, this is one of my favorite books.

By the evening we were sitting with him in the same corner near to the fridge with drinks, where we met. Near to us were two large carts full of goods and food, without which it would be difficult to live here.

"Gerard?" softly, as if afraid to startle someone, called me Frank. "How do you think we have time to save? We generally save?"

My heart stopped beating.

"If you only knew, Frank, how I'm scared, but I am afraid to scare you a lot more"

"Don't say like that... we are locked and therefore in safe. This means that the virus won't penetrate, they save us and taken away, while the city doesn't induce order." I took a deep breath and looked into the eyes Frank. "We are sure to be saved."