Chapter 28

Omg so many chapters now! This is definitely my longest book yet! And I hope you all like this chapter because it's overdue lol like always. Have fun reading it!

Joey's POV

"Joey Graceffa!" I hear loud and clear, my thoughts swirling in my head. I wince as my hand extracts from my dad's face, hearing his jaw crack with my impact. 

"Joey!" I hear once again, and I turn to look in the house. It's my god damn mother. Who would've thought...

"Mom? You're still living... with him?" I asked quietly, ignoring the blinding pain my knuckle is in and the man laying beside my feet. 

"Joey why the fuck are you here?" She yells, going to help her husband from the ground, who only scowls at her, mumbling about how he can do it by himself. My legs feel like giving out, because I'm standing at my childhood home and I'm still experiencing the same abuse that was going on a decade ago. 

"A "hello son" would've been nice to hear..." Joey whimpered to his mom, suddenly feeling lost and vulnerable. Why was him mom acting like this? What did this monster do to her?

His 'dad' stood up and wiped the blood out've his mouth and laughed evilly as he eyed Joey.

"Look at what you've become! I'm sure your mom is so proud of raising a son who turned out to be gay and married a blind man! Aren't you proud, dear?" He spat out, looking at my mom and hen back at me again with a smirk that imprinted my mind.

I begged with my eyes to mom and I saw her crack a bit, her demeanour softening before her eyes got cold and dark. 

"I'm not proud at all," She spat, the words going straight to my heart. I stared at her with my mouth wide open, her husband standing beside her like a scarecrow. 

My heart raced as I looked at my mom that I once used to know, one that used to be hurt and gentle. Now, I just see a spitting image of my dad. My sadness turned into anger quickly, and I screamed as I attacked my dad once again. But this time, he grabbed hold of me first and crushed me to the ground.

His heavy weight crushed my back as he used his muscles to restrain my arms, my breath coming out shallow. I looked up desperately and saw my mom standing there, her hands crossed over her chest and a frown on her face. What the fuck was going on?

I managed to escape from his iron grip and I bolted up, grabbing the wall behind me desperately. My tears were coming down my face rapidly, my hands shaking as I quivered from the hand marks on my wrists. 

"Fuck you! I can't believe you would ever harm the person I truly love in this world, when I left you so long ago! You don't deserve to be happy in this world! And mom, how could you do this to me?! Betray me like this, after all the times I stood up for you in my childhood?" I sobbed out, my voice shaking tremendously. It felt as if the world was closing in on me, and like God was just laughing at how stupid I looked. 

The look on my moms face was the last straw and I booked it out of my childhood home, sobbing and screaming my heart out. Driving was difficult, since I wasn't exactly in the best state, but I didn't care. If I got in a car accident, my own parents wouldn't give a shit.

But then I thought of Shane, and leaving him wouldn't be an option at the moment. He was the one who needed love and care right now, not me. Leave it me to make the whole scene dramatic and fucking everything up. 

As I drove up to the hospital, I couldn't help my shaking hands and my soft whimpers. When I got to Shane's room, he was still not awake and I sighed. My blood shot eyes twitched as I stared at the love of my life, barely alive. 

I traced his face and started laughing uncontrollably. Why was my life like this now? So fucking dramatic, I couldn't have a damn rest. 

It was three days before Shane woke up. I remember hearing his little coughs as he tried to speak, and I grabbed his hand, telling him everything was okay, and that I was there for him. He smiled softly and squeezed my hand softly, humming as he opened his eyes, only to frown. 

"Forgot I couldn't see," He meekly said, chuckling a bit. I bit my lip and forced a laugh, the past few days getting to my head. "Even though I can't see you baby, I can tell something's up. What's wrong?" Shane asked softly, his vocal chords still hurting. 

"Nothing Shane! You're the one that nearly died, I don't think you should be concerned about me."

"That's a fucking b-" Shane coughed. "A bold lie," He finished, a sheepish look on his face. I couldn't help but coo, not holding it in anymore. I missed my husband. 

I kissed his chapped lips, stroking his hair. My heart soared as I softly pressed my lips to his. The whole moment with my dad and mom flew out've my head as Shane made me feel incredible. He was my fucking saviour. 

"I'm glad I could help. I can almost see your beautiful smile," Shane beamed, reaching for my hand. I wetly chuckled as happy tears traveled down my face, winding his fingers into mine. 

"Don't be like that, you know how I'm emotional," I laughed, my heart soaring. I was so happy. I knew it wouldn't last, but for now, I could live in this moment.