ACT III : Im Not In Kansas anymore

(YOUR P.O.V)

My eyes still tightly closed, I coughed and gaged as thick liquid flood my nose, mouth and lungs.
   With another horrific cough lifted my head up slightly my nose and mouth were relieved of the bitter taste once I spit the rest out.
   The rest of my body was submerged  in I guess the warm liquid.
  I breathed heavily finally getting the guts to open my eyes.
   I was surround by a dark red pool that bleed and stained my clothing as I just floated there.
  The shadows  of a twisted jungle surrounded me acting as a border to the overly sized pool.
  I decided to make an effort to swim toward the swamp shore only to get yanked back on the ankle by the sound of metal.
  I kept pulling on the metal but made no progress.
  I glanced back to where I was being pulled.
  The red liquid was so thick I could even see what only inches below the surface.
   That's when my senses finally kicked in the scent of rot and spoiled meat burned my nostril hairs, that's when I noticed the dead carcasses floating within the liquid.
   My eyes widened with utter shock that I was swimming in a swamp of blood.
  From disgust my stomach began to churn and I had to use my bloody hand to cover my mouth from puking.
   I looked back toward the border the shadows of the jungle danced from the soft breeze and the rustles of the leaves hunted me as a vulture with pulsing red eyes landed on one of the branches.
   There was one then three, then 10 surrounding me.
   A couple others picked the flesh off the bones of the carcasses.
  I drew my attention toward the sky where another vulture flew in the light of  the bloody moon with an ear piercing call.
  I squinted looking around as the call rang in my ears.
  Suddenly through the rustling of the trees I heard crunching footsteps and distant voices.
  Out of survival instincts I ducked my head under the surface and held my breath.
  The blood muffled my hearing and stung my nose once again but I blocked out the pain trying to zoom on the voices that barely made it in range.
  "She was just here...." a deep demonic voice that somehow sounded like a twisted sonic growled deeply.
  "Maybe she drowned..." another familiar high pitched voice crawled into my ear.
   "Then that wouldn't be good for you now would it?"
  My eyes darted back and froth as my lunges screamed and burned for air.
I continued to bob there, the blood was too thick for me to see anything until I decided to feel for the chain instead.
   I snaked my head down my leg and to a cold metal chain that was wrapped around my ankle still zoomed on the conversation above the surface.
    "No..."
"Do you think I'm stupid? I was just here and made sure her head was at the surface ......she must be playing hide and seek with me as the seeker..."
  My eyes widened at the thought of whoever that was jumping in this pool and getting ahold of me.
  Who knows what he'll do to me...

I gripped the chain with both hands and pulled aggressively, it wouldn't budge.
   Feeling light headed I looked back to the surface, the moon dimly shined upon it.
   Finally my lungs couldn't take it anymore and I swam back to the surface gasping for air and coughing with aching relief.
   "There she is..."
I patted my hands through the blood looking around for the source of the voice before looking toward the bank line and seeing two shadow outlines with the same eyes as the vultures.
  The one on the right had his hands on his hips tapping his foot with the outline of sonic the hedgehog while the shadow on the left, was smaller just stood there in a natural position as his Tails slowly curled and swayed in the air.
  I could only make out small patches of white around the whiskers, belly and gloves.
  The shadow on the left only had White around the hands but even that was faded so I knew the gloves were dirty and possibly stained with blood.
   "Get Knux....he'll get her out..." the demonic sonic shadow crossed his arms but continued tapping his foot.
   " and make it quick!" He growled and with that the smaller shadow ran back into the dark jungle with rustle sounds following him.
   "You have a puzzled look on your face...why is that?" The deep voice rang in my ears with multiple layers.
   I wanted to speak but it seemed as if the blood that got in my mouth and into my throat had sealed it shut.
   "What? Blaze got your tongue?" The voice chuckled evilly.