Going In The Wrong Direction

(TPOV)
I spent ages trying to find my register class. I eventually found someone to ask for directions.
"Excuse me, do you girls happen to know where I can find Mr Wicker's class?" I asked them
They just stared at me for a moment. Then one of them stepped forward. She was tall, tanned and blonde. Definitely one of the popular ones.
"I'm in his class, I was gonna bail but I can take you...unless, you wanna bail with us?" She dared me, with a smirk plastered across her face.
"I wanna make a good first impression today, but I'll definitely take you up on that." I chuckled.
"Okay then," she looked me up and down, " follow me."
She took me to the class just as the final bell went, which meant all students should be in register. As soon as we entered the class the girl linked her arm through mine. I shrugged her off glaring at her. I knew what type of girl she was. She would try and date all these guys to make herself seem better, and more popular.  She was fun to mess with, to tease and flirt with, but she would want more than that. To dummen it down a bit, she's a desperate attention seeker, willing to do anything for popularity.
"Back off." I snapped before looking for a seat. I noticed the girl from before sitting by herself. Then I saw Ricky come in with his mates. He scanned the room then set eyes on her. He said something to his mates then pointed at her. He and his mates were gonna surround her. I quickly sat next to her with a loud thump. She stared at me with a mixture of shock and confusion. I just smirked at her then looked back at Ricky. He was raging. Maya saw him too.
"Thanks, I'm Maya by the way, Maya Green" she whispered.
I raised my eyebrows at her.
"You're welcome, I'm Toby, but is me saving your ass gonna become a regular thing?"
"No, my ass doesn't need saving, it's fine." She said
"Damn right it is." I smirked at her. She glared at me.
"And you're one of those people." She groaned
"One of what people?" I asked innocently
"One of the arrogant, cocky players." She sent me a sarcastic smile, "otherwise known as your typical bad boy."
"Well it's better than the type of person you are." I said smugly
"Oh really? And what type of person am I exactly?" She snapped
I laughed.
"You're one of those good girls who care way too much about all the little things." I said
"Ah, but you're wrong."
"Prove it then!" I challenged her.
"Ok, what should I do?"
I thought for a moment.
"Who's history class are you in?" I asked with a mischievous grin
"Mr Thomas's." She replied uncertainly
"Give him a boner."
"What!" She shrieked
Then the bell rang and we filed out of the class.