I'm The Vampire In Your Attic *Chapter 8*

I jolted awake what was probably an hour or two later. I was surprised to find myself lying on a couch in what looked like a normal living room. I had hand cuffs on made from metals from my world, which meant I had no chance of escaping from them. As I started leaning up into a sitting position I heard someone clear their throat to my left. Out of habit I immediately stood up and was ready to bow to the newcomer. However, when I turned and saw this newcomer was Tristan, I was forced back into reality and sat back down.

He walked up to me warily, holding out a glass of blood to me. I smiled and bowed my head as I took it from him with both of my hands.

“Thank you very much,” I said politely.

“Whatever,” he retorted quietly and walked back out of the room. As I sipped the blood I looked around the small, homey living room. It had wood floors and very soft red couches. I wasn’t quite sure of what the material used to make it was called. Tristan came back in with his own glass of blood in one hand and his cell phone in his other.

“I’m on fugitive duty while my mom goes to the council,” he was saying into the phone. “I don’t know if you coming here would be the best idea right now… obviously, I’m not stupid, Andy.”

“No!” I shrieked, jumping to my feet. I looked around quickly and sniffed the air, trying to figure out how long ago his mother left.  She could not inform the council I was there! I needed to stay a secret.

“Holy shit the beast awakens. Bye,” Tristan said quickly, shutting his phone off and throwing it on a chair.

“Please tell me when your mother left. She can not go to the council. Please, I’m begging you. Have her come back! Let her hear what I have to say before any drastic measures are taken,” I said, trying to get him to see my point.

“I don’t trust you,” Tristan said simply, crossing his arms.

“And that’s okay, just please have her call off the meeting. I really need to speak with her!”

“Why should I do that?” he asked stubbornly.

“Because I need to speak with her!” I said louder, getting frustrated.

“Yeah, but what’s that do besides let a maniac escape easier?” he asked, glaring at me.

“I’m not a maniac I swear. I fear for everyone’s lives if she tells the council about me. Please, I’m asking this for everyone’s sake! I’m supposed to be kept a secret. If the council finds out word will spread, and at the least your mother will be killed,” I said quickly. He looked at me with wide eyes for a few long seconds.

“Who the hell are you?” he asked.

“I can not reveal just yet, I need to speak with your mo-”

“Who are you!?” he yelled, cutting me off. I opened my mouth but I couldn’t get myself to say what I needed to. When I didn’t respond Tristan stormed over to me, startling me. He looked like he was about to tackle me.

He grabbed my neck and lifted me to my feet. I scratched and clawed at his hand as I gasped for air.

“Tell me who you are or I will not hesitate to kill you,” he threatened through clenched teeth.

“P-p-prin-c-cess,” I choked out. He instantly dropped me and looked at me incredulously. I gasped for air and rubbed my throbbing neck. “You’re a real jerk, do you know that?” I said angrily. I knew it was rude to say but he had done enough to me for me to feel justified in my words.

“Did you say princess?” he asked, ignoring me. I nodded and pushed myself onto the couch, feeling dizzy. “Okay, I’ll call my mom.”

As he left the room I marveled at how easily he changed his mind about me. Just one word had made him stop wanting to kill me and decide to call his mom. I couldn’t help but wonder why he had decided to believe me. After all, three minutes ago he thought I was a fugitive.