Chapter 1- The Night I Met Him

Harper's POV:
I was walking down the street, I'd just finished work and was heading back to my flat to turn in for the night. Suddenly a man rushed out of the alley I was passing and wrapped his arms around my waist firmly holding me in place. He held a gun to my head, I could feel the metal digging in. I was shaking in fear but the man didn't let go, "What do you know about the boy missing from his home?" He demanded. "W-what? Who?" I fearfully chocked out. He dug the metal further into the side of my head, "Don't play dumb with me. What do you know!" He roared. Just then a hooded figure jumped down from the rooftops, and pounced on the man. He grabbed his collar roughly, he uttered a few words to him before placing his hand over his mouth clamping down on it. His whole hand seemed to glow, and so did the man's face before he stopped moving. The figure stood up before noticing me standing there and turned to run. "Wait!" I cried, he hesitated before turning around. "W-who are you?" I said, peering at him, trying to see his features. The hood had masked his face in a dark shadow, though I could dimly make out his eyes. They seemed to be the only thing I could see. Electric, shockingly blue. They were the type of eyes that seemed as if they were looking into your soul. He paused before drawing breath, "That's not for you to know. You shouldn't get mixed up with me." He muttered, before running across the road. "Stop!" I cried, a bus was going to hit him. The bus rushed past and I couldn't see him anywhere. Just when I was about to give up hope, I caught a flash of blue coming from the rooftops on the other side of the road. I breathed a sigh of relief, he's OK. But how did he get there? And what did he do to that man?

????? POV
I was hiding on the roof. Spying on the street below, the only person walking past seemed to be some girl I didn't know. Suddenly a man rushed out of the alley and grabbed the girl. Shouting at her to tell her about the 'boy from the news'. I leant closer, observing my target. It was him for sure. He was my prey, and I was the predator. I swung myself over the edge of the building and jumped down onto the pavement below. The man whirled round and grinned evilly, he knew it was me alright. I leapt at him and pushed him to the floor, I grabbed his collar and hissed at him. "Don't you dare try to find me again." And with that I placed my hand over his mouth, and clamped down so he couldn't escape. I felt the power flowing through my blood, I felt the icy coldness leave my hand and into him. He stopped moving and satisfied he was dead, stood up. I noticed the girl staring at me as if she was in a trance. I stared back at her. She was beautiful. No, I mustn't think this. Remember what you told yourself, you'd never love again. Not after last time. I turned to run, "Wait!" She called, I forced myself to turn around. She was standing there confused, the moon highlighted her features perfectly... No. I won't do this to myself. "W-who are you?" She stammered. I sighed to myself, "That's not for you to know. You shouldn't get mixed up with me." I turned and ran away from her, I ran right across the road even though there was a bus speeding right towards me. "Stop!" I heard her cry from behind me, she obviously doesn't know who I am. I sighed, feeling relieved. "One less person I have to kill." I muttered to myself. From my new position on the rooftops I could see her, she noticed me and smiled? I guess she's glad I'm OK. Whatever. It's not like I care. I don't want to go through this 'love' thing again. Not after what happened before. I shuddered at the memory, I will never forgive her. Not for as long as I live. I loved her, she loved me. Or so I thought, she left me that night. In the cold, alone with nothing and no one. She was the only one who knew my true name. I should have never trusted her, why would this girl be any different?