Chapter 8- A Lost Friend

Harper's POV:
"We meet again Mr Aster." I turned around to see Logan grinning at me wildly, he noticed Aspen glaring at him and quickly averted his eyes. We sat up and I grabbed my shirt and quickly pulled it over my head. "Stop. Looking. At. My. Girlfriend." Aspen growled, threateningly. "Hey, Aster calm down! There's no harm in looking at someone, is there?" Logan replied, glaring back. Aspen grabbed me and pulled me closer to him, wrapping an arm around my waist. He looked at me and I knew what he was thinking, I nodded slightly and he smiled back. He slammed his lips against mine, drawing me into a passionate kiss his hand slid up the back of my top and I tangled my hand in his hair. We eventually broke away and noticed Logan staring at us furiously. Aspen smirked at Logan triumphantly, and he scowled back at him. "What were you saying Logan?" He asked, sweetly. Logan muttered under his breath and stormed away, not even looking back.

Aspen's POV:
"I think I've made you lose a friend." I said. "No, it's fine. He's like this sometimes, he'll get over it soon enough." She replied, "Should we continue what we started?" I smirked, "Of course." She tugged off my shirt and I slowly peeled off hers, she sighed softly as she placed her hand on my chest. I tilted her head back and planted a sweet, lingering kiss on her lips. A few hours later, my lips were still tingling from her touch, we drove back to her flat with soft music playing in the background. We pulled up outside her flat and she opened the door, but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. This is it, I need to tell her this. It is going to be one of the most important moments in my life ever. "Wait here." I ran round the other side of the car and helped her out, I closed and locked the car behind us and led her to the lift. "Put this on." I handed her a blindfold. She gave me a strange look, "It's not what you think." I laughed. She reluctantly put it on, I clicked the button on the lift and led her in. I clicked a button, "Aspen?" She asked, timidly. I wrapped an arm around her waist, "I'm here." I said, pressing my lips to hers as I pushed her against the wall of the lift. The doors dinged open and I reluctantly pulled away. I led her out of the elevator and onto the rooftop. "You can look now." She slowly took it off and gasped when she saw kneeling on the floor holding a ring. "Harper Steele, I have loved you ever since I first saw you on that night. I knew at that very moment I wanted to spend my whole life with you, I knew I loved you but I was scared of my feelings. I didn't want to love again, not after what happened before. But I don't want my past to ruin our future. Our future will be amazing, and I will do whatever I can to make sure you are safe and that no one can ever hurt you. You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen, and I don't want anyone to take you away from me. I'm sorry for acting so horrible to your best friend, I just was jealous at him and thought he was trying to take you away from me. And I don't want that to ever happen, because, Harper. I love you, and my past will never change how strong my feelings are for you. I know why I followed you that night, I wanted to see you again. I wanted to feel your lips against mine, when you kissed me I knew you were the one. No matter how scared I was of my feelings. So, Harper what do you say? Will you marry me?" I said, she stood in front of me. Her was mouth open, I began to panic. What happens if she doesn't want to marry me?! I couldn't bear it! Her eyes begun to tear up as she nodded, her hand clasped to her mouth. "Yes, Aspen, I will!" She cried, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I slipped the ring on her finger and she jumped up and threw my legs around my waist. I stumbled backwards and as I tightly held her, I sat down in a chair. She bounced up and down on my lap excitedly, "Ow, ow, ow, ow!" I yelped, in pain. "Sorry! I'm just so happy!" She giggled, bouncing up and down again. I sighed, but I was smiling. "I have another surprise though." I said, looking down at my hands. "What?" She smiled. "I have to go out of the country for a few days." Her face dropped, "Oh, r-right, where are yo-" "And you're coming with me." She stared at me, "W-what do you mea-" "We leave today, just at 2. We're going for four days so you'd better get packing." I said, she could hardly contain her smile. "Really?!" She screamed, "Where are we going?" I smiled at her, "New York."