Chapter 9- The Flight

Harper's POV:
I sat in the airport lounge with my luggage waiting for Aspen to return with our coffee. I stared out the window at the planes taxiing along the runway. That'll be me soon. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't realise Aspen had returned with our drinks. He sat on the chair next to me and ruffled my hair, "Looking forward to our trip?" He asked, even though he had a smile on his face I could see the fear in his eyes. "Have you ever flown before?" I asked. He shook his head, "Me neither." I asked. "First time for everything." He replied, I blushed remembering when he first said that. "Flight 567 to New York is boarding at Gate 6 now." "That's our flight!" I said excitedly, we didn't have a suitcase so our hand luggage had all our clothes in them. I excitedly ran over to the gate and the flight attendant took our tickets. We took our seats, I'd dashed to get the window seat first but I don't think Aspen would have wanted it anyway. Aspen sat next to me an we put on our seat belts, as the plane started to move Aspen grabbed my hand. I could see he was panicking, and he looked terrified. I leant over and grabbed his face, turning it to face me I kissed him softly. "It's OK." I said, "I've got you." He nodded and closed his eyes, as soon as the plane was in the sky he opened them again. I nudged up close to him, "Hey, what you thinking about?" I asked him. He smiled to himself then turned to me, "Oh, nothing you should know of." He laughed quietly to himself. I reached into my bag and pulled out my phone and headphones. I put one headphone in and handed the other to Aspen. He looked at it rather confused so I put it in his ear for him, I played a song and his eyes widened. He held the cable up, "What is this, contraption?" He asked, totally confused. I tried not to laugh at his adorableness, "They're called headphones, you can listen to music through them. You know what music is, right?" He nodded then seemed to be lost in thought for a second, "Music..." He muttered to himself. We had a five hour flight, and I refused to spend any of it in silence. I kept talking to Aspen, to keep him awake mostly. He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks, there were dark circles under his eyes that hasn't been there before. The flight attendant brought us some food, which I was grateful for. I kept looking at Aspen throughout the whole flight through, he seemed to be very engrossed in a piece of paper he was holding. I decided that I was probably just being paranoid, I hope he's OK though.

Aspen's POV:
I think Harper suspects something's wrong with me, well I haven't slept in ages because I've been up all night planning her surprise. I think she'll love it, what happens if she doesn't? No. I pushed the thought away, scowling at the paper I heard a voice. "Excuse me Sir, we're coming in to land. Please make sure you have all of your belongings with you." She smiled at me, before moving on to the next passenger. I shoved the paper in my pocket and grabbed my bag, "Ladies and gentlemen, we are coming into land so please wait until the seatbelt light turns off, then you can make your way towards the terminal. Thank you do flying with us." I gripped onto the seat as we came in to land, I was scared I'll admit it. We went through the terminal and since I had only just got a passport, I was terrified it wouldn't work. But we could go through fine, it was still winter. Which was great, as we had decided winter was our favourite time of the year. We checked into our hotel, it was reasonable and we grabbed our bags and headed into the lift. Last time I was in a lift was the night of my proposal, I smiled remembering the memory. I opened the door to our room and threw my bag on the double bed. I face-planted into the pillow as I was so exhausted from planning her surprise, and it wasn't even done yet. I felt Harper enter the room and her intake of breath, "Is this place cool?" She asked. "Mm." I said, my head still in the pillow. "Look at the size of this bath! We could-" she broke off and stopped talking. I sat up and walked into the bathroom, my hair messed up from when I landed on the bed. "We can what?" I asked. "Um, nothing. It's a dumb idea..." She replied, her cheeks dusted in a light pink blush. "It probably isn't, just tell me." I said. She avoided my eyes, "Well, I was thinking maybe one night we could have a bath together..." She stopped talking and swallowed nervously. I smiled at her, "I was thinking the same thing." I leant closer to her, "And more~" I nibbled her ear gently, making her squeal. "Aspen!" She cried, disapprovingly. I laughed at her and turned around to unpack my stuff.  I didn't have much, but I had just about enough to get me through the four days. "Aspen, why are you doing this?" She asked. I smirked at her, "You'll see." And you'll love what you see. Because it's me baby, me. I am your surprise.