Chapter 2

Chase on the side --------->

This was it. My first school day at Denby High. Was I nervous? Of course I was! My heart was literally jumping out of my chest. My sweaty hands were gripping the car door violently.

"Come on Emma", Lucas said, giving me a reassuring smile. "The first day of hell", he said, giving me an evil grin.

Lucas and I have grown close fast. It really felt like he was my real brother.

My eyes bulged at his words.  What did he mean by that? My grip fasten on the door, not planning on letting any minute.

Lucas let out a bark of laughter. "I'm just kidding Em. Don't worry", I looked over at Mr. Roberts. He was trying hard to hold in his laugh.

Lucas and I said goodbye to his dad, then walked towards the school building. I was ready this.

We got our schedules at office and noticed that we have history, math, English and science together. At least I won't be a total loner. We got to our lockers,  mine was only two down from his.

"Boo!", a voice whispered into my left ear. I let a yelp, turning around and smacking who ever it was.

My eyes widened in surprise. Why didn't I think about that? Of course he would be in this school!

"Now why do you always keep your curtains closed?", Chase asked, giving me a fake pout.

Ever since our first meeting I've kept my window and curtains closed. Not wanting a repeat of that incident.

"What do you want Chase?", I asked, not really caring about the answer.

"Why so cold angel?", he asked, his fake pout still there. "I missed you Em, and all I get is a cold shoulder", he said over dramatic and putting his hand on his chest. "It hurts"

I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. "I'm sorry Chase. Let me kiss it better", I said sarcastically.

A big grin popped up on his face. "That can be arranged", was all he said before he leaned in closer. My eyes bulged and my hand lived it's own life. It smacked him across the face, and let me tell you, that wasn't a gentle smack.

"Oh! What the heck!" People were now watching the scene. My cheeks flamed red and I tried to hide it with my hair. Great first school day!

By lunch everybody knew about the early morning event. Everybody knew me as the girl who slapped the bad boy. People gave me a few glances when I walked by, but it wasn't mean glances. It was more curious. I knew now that Chase never meant to kiss me. It was just to see my reaction, but wasn't the reaction he had expected. At least he wasn't angry about it. I even got a couple of friends out of it.

Like Abby. We had history togheter, and she told me, and I quote 'Chase Walker is a total asshole, who deserves only the worst!' Her words not mine. Abby wasn't a girl to be afraid to speak her mind. She was a pretty cool person. She had beautiful blond hair, and wasn't the one to use hours in front of the mirror. It was just naturally beauty.

We we're sitting at a lunch table alone, just talking and eating those yummy fries we bought. Lucas had offered us to sit with him, but seeing the group of people he was friends with, I decided that it was a no.

Just like I predicted, he was a football player with a cheerleader girlfriend. But she was nothing like Regina from Mean Girls. I met her and she was actually very nice. Lucas wasn't the only one on the football team. Chase too. I would never have guessed that. And he was the quarterback too!

It was ten minutes until the bell rang. We threw away the trash and went to our lockers which was located right beside each others. I waited for Lucas so he could follow me to the science room.

The school was so big! I didn't know how I was going to find my way around here. I couldn’t always dependen on Lucas. He had his own life.

"You look lost. Need any help?", A blond haired guy asked me. I looked at him and nodded. Might as well take up his offer instead of waiting on Lucas.

"Would you like to explain me the way to the science room?" I didn't want him to be late for his own class just to show me the way. I was fine with an explanation.

"I'm heading there too, so I can walk with you", he said giving me a charming smile. He was very good looking and he looked like one of those good boys with a soft side.
"I'm Alex by the way"

"Nice to meet you. My name is Emma", I said, sending him a smile.

We arrived to the room first. I sat down in the back, him next to me. He seemed like a very nice guy. He even called me awesome for slapping Chase.

Alex told me that nobody had ever gone against Chase. Everybody was scared of him. He always got into trouble and fights. How he manage to keep his spot on the team was a miracle.

The bell rang and the class started to fill in. Lucas walked in with Chase by his side. Chase's hazel brown eyes met mine, but a scowl instantly appeared on his face when he noticed Alex was sitting with me. My eyebrows furrowed. Why would he be irritated by me sitting with Alex? Maybe I was just misreading things.

The teacher walked in and closed the door, silencing the class. The teacher was in his mid fifties with grey hair and glasses ramming his eyes. He started on his lecture about the periodic system, but I zoned out before he could start on hydrogen.

I had nothing against school, I was always the one to take notes in class. But there was something distracting me, or should I say someone. Can you guess who?

His name started with 'C' and rhymed with race.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
Chase. Chase freaking Walker. I don't think he was trying to distract, but still, he was. Running his hand through his messy hair, only making it look more messy. But that was just hot. Wait what am I saying?

Chase Walker is not hot! He is a jerk!

A very hot jerk.

No he's not!

Yes he is!

No he i- Wait, am I having an argument with myself? God! I have really gone crazy!

The bell rang, signalising the end of the period. Finally! I could get away from that smirking jerk! Or so I thought.

***

My first school day was over and I was too tired to do my homework. Usually I would do my homework in the minute I came home from school, but I didn't feel like it. It had been one tiring day and all I wanted to do was to sleep. But of course my wish didn't come true.

Something hit my window. I opened my window only to see the one boy I didn't want to see right now. Like I hadn't seen enough of him at school! It was like he had copied my schedule. Yes, we had the exact same schedule.

"What do you want Chase? ", I asked him through my open window.

"Get out of the way", he said in a hurry.

"What is th-"

"Just do it!", he said, cutting me off. How rude!

I got out of the way, and the next thing I knew, he was in my room. I stared at him with big eyes. Did he just jump from his window to mine?

"Yes I did", he answered my thought. What?! Does he have superpowers? How could he possibly answer my thoughts? He was super hot, but having superpowers? That's just too much.

"You said it out loud" I looked up at him not understanding a single word.

"You said your thoughts out loud. And yeah, I know I'm super hot", he smirked.

How did his head even fit this room?

He was laying in my bed, his eyes roaming around the room before they landed on me.

"Can I stay for the night?" My eyes widened at his question. "I take that as a yes" he said with closed eyes.

There was a hot egocentric jerk laying in my bed,  and guess what?  He's shirtless! This was a girl's teenage dream come true, but in my case.

A recipe of the disaster