Chapter 3

Lucas on the side --->

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body. My eyes caught something black laying under my desk. Pants. Not mine,  Chase's pants. Images from last night flashed through my mind.

"Can I stay for the night?" My eyes widened at his question. "I take that as a yes" he said with closed eyes.

There was a hot egocentric jerk laying in my bed,  and guess what?  He's shirtless! This was a girl's teenage dream come true.

So why wasn't I happy?

Well, first of all, He's a jerk. Second, He's a big-headed jerk. And third, he's a jerk.

And that, my friends, are the three reasons to why I didn't want him to stay. He is a jerk!  A good looking jerk, but still, a jerk.

"Are you going to stand there all night, or are you going to lay down?", he asked as he snuggled into my pillows.

And that was the tough question. I didn’t want to sleep on the floor, but I didn't want to sleep in the same bed as him. The bed was big enough for the both of us. But I was not going to share, especially not with him. And it was my bed!  He should be the one sleeping on the floor!  He really didn’t deserve to sleep in my bed. Who did he think he was? Invade my room and then just expect that he was allowed to stay? Yeah right.

"Get out of my bed!", I screamed. Not too loud though, since I didn't want to attract attention from the Roberts family.

I was still not comfortable living in a house with people I had just met. It was weird, not having your own family around. I had been here for a week but I hadn't gotten used to it yet. Everything was so different. And I'm not only talking about the time difference, even though that was hard to get used to.

Last week I slept through the whole day, and woke up in the evening. Luckily I had gotten used to it now, but it took me a while.

"Do you have to scream?", Chase said irritated, only making me more frustrated.

Chase threw my stuffed animal I had brought with me on the floor. That was it! That was the last straw! Nobody hurts Teddy! I know, very orginal name. But I was five when I got it, and it is a teddy bear.

I lunged myself onto him, not holding back any strength.  Well that didn't help. I was laying on top of him, starring into his eyes. My hands were awkwardly placed on his bare chest. A big smirk was covering his face when he saw our position. Kill. Me. Now.

He flipped us over so the situations was turned. Instead of me straddling him, he was now on top. It was like my mind had turned off. I didn't move. Not a single word slipped out of my mouth, I was tongue-tied and my body was paralyzed. His eyes were starring into mine, like he was trying to figure me out. Something flashed in his eyes, but it quickly went away. My mind came back to life, and I pushed him off with much force.

"It's getting late. We should sleep." Was all he said before he grabbed my fuzzy blanket and one of my pillows. The room went dark, and I could see him trying to get comfortable on the floor. The bed felt cold and empty after he left. A nagging feeling formed in the pit of my stomach. I swallowed hard. Guilt taking the best of me.

I couldn’t take it. Maybe I was just trying to ease the nagging feeling or maybe it was the way he looked with his eyes shut. Peaceful. The face didn't resemble a cocky jerk I had seen few minutes ago. It resembled a innocent face belonging to a little boy.