Chapter 5

Abby on the side ---> 

My phone buzzed at my night table, waking me up. It was a text from Abby asking me if I wanted to hang out. I sent here a quick 'yes' before I went out of bed. I was heading to the bathroom when I stopped in my tracks and looked out of my window. Suddenly I remembered everything which had happend this morning.

Going out for a run, the alley, Alex, drugs, Chase and when I fainted. Alex must have carried me up to my room. He's such a nice boy, why is he involved with the drug thing? He could have just gotten a normal job at Taco Bell or something.

A loud bang snapped me out of my thoughts.

Chase was hitting a punching bag with a frustrated scowl on his face. Rock music was playing in the background. Didn't know he liked that type of music. Not surprised though. He looked like the type to like that kind of music.

He gave the punching bag one last hit before he looked in my direction. His eyes met mine, but I couldn’t look at him. Not after what he did. Not after when I found out about what he was.

He was a drug dealer, not just that, but the leader too! He threatened to kill Alex! Oh my god! What if he have killed somebody before?

Alex told me that after he had sold some drugs he had taken all of the money something he wasn't supposed to do. Now he owed Chase money. What if he doesn't get the money in time? What if Chase kills Alex?

God! There are too many 'What if's

I looked up at Chase again but he was gone. I went to the bathroom but a voice stopped me from going inside.

Okay, just breath and every thing will be fine.

I turned around and saw the one and only leader of his drug dealer club.

"Emma let me explain", he begged me but I couldn’t look at him. I knew that if I looked deeply into his hazel brown eyes I would fall for his charm and lies.

"Get out of my room and out of this house", I demanded, but I didn't sound as confident as I thought I would. Weak and scared were more fitting to describe what I felt like.

He took a step closer while I took one back. We went on like that until my back hit the bathroom wall. Well that wasn't planned out well from my side.

His hand went to my face, gently touching my cheek. It went down to my chin and he lifted my head up. Tears were threatening to spill as he did so.

"Emma, please listen to me", he tried again, but I couldn’t. I already knew.

"No!", I screamed at him. Now where did that confident come from?

"I know what you are. I know what you do. I don't want to hear your lies and I don't want you anywhere near me!", I yelled in his face. The tears had already fallen from my eyes. I started hitting his chest until I grew tired and started sobbing instead. I slid down on the floor, crying. Chase slid down beside me and held me tight. It felt so right but so bad at the same time.

I shouldn't be near him. I shouldn't even look at him. He was a jerk. A big-headed jerk.  A big-headed drug dealer jerk. So why did I, Emma Olsen feel connected with him? Why did it feel right to be in his arms?

Because you like him!

I opened my eyes and pushed him away.

No, I couldn't. Or could I? No. A big fat NO! I did not like Chase whatever his middle name is Walker!

Denial.

I am not in denial.

Yes you are.