Chapter 4

Luke Hemmings as Alex on the side ------>

The rain started pouring down. Just my luck.

It was a early Saturday morning and I just woke up and decide 'Hey, why not go out for a run?'

Me and my stupid mind.

It wasn't that bad. The rain was kind of refreshing. Actually I enjoyed the rain alot. The water droplets running down my cheeks made me think clearer for some unknown reason. What my stupid mind didn't think was that I had never been here before, therefore I didn't know where I was. In a much more simpler explanation: I'm lost.

I ran down a street and turned a corner. The rain and the dark clouds covering the sky made it hard for me to find my way around, not that I knew where I was going.

Noises were heard from my left. It was an alley which lead to god knows where. My eyes peered inside, only to be met by a group of dark shadows. There was around five people, all dressed in black.

Why was I still here?!

There were five mysterious, tall muscle men, so why was I still spying on them? It wasn't like they gave away a friendly and safe vibe. The filthy small alley didn't help on the nonexistent safety feeling. Maybe I should run?

Maybe?  Run for your life girl!

My body turned and my feet started to move, but my muscles stopped working when I heard that voice. So familiar.

"If you don't have the money by Wednesday night at 9 pm, I will promise you that you won't have your life at 9:01 pm is that clear?", A dark and intimidating voice asked.

Goosebumps were formed all over my body. Why did I stay again?

The voice!

Oh yeah right! The voice!

"I promise I will have your money by then." His voice was shaking, all confidence gone. He was struck in the head by the guy who had threatened him.

Holy mother of cheesballs!

The guy who was hit was now laying on the ground, the other four were slowly approaching my way.
Wait what?! Run!

But I can't leave him there!

Do you want to live?!?

After my mind battle I looked up, deciding to check on him. Four people were towering over me. They were really doing a nice job with scaring the crap out of me. One of the guy caught my eye, The one who had the familiar voice. The one who had threatened to kill the other guy.

Why aren't you running!?!

He would never hurt me.

He's not who you think he is!

His eyes stared into mine. Regret and worried filled his eyes, but it was soon drowned by coldness. My bottom lip was trembling as I felt something warm and wet trickle down my cheeks.

No! It couldn't be true!

Turning my face I ran over to the guy who was still on the ground. I looked back one more time, only to see an empty street. Like he had never been there.

Chase

A grunt followed by coughs came from the guy. I kneeled down beside him to inspect his face. I looked at his face, and when I did I slowly recognized who he was. Time to freak out.

"Alex, what the heck is going on?!", I yelled at him. My chest was rising heavily and my face was flushed red.

"Let's get away from here", Alex looked around worriedly.

"No. Tell me what that was all about!", I yelled again, not calming down. He didn't say a word. He just took my hand and lead me the opposite way of where I came from. Guess he wouldn't tell me until we arrived at our final destination which also happened to be my house.

I glanced over at Chase's house. Looking for any sign to see if he was home. Well I got that sign. Yelling was coming from his house. More specific, his bedroom.

"Come on!", Alex tugged on my hand. I went inside the house,  Alex coming close behind. I lead him to the living room,  and sat down on the sofa, gesturing Alex to do the same.

I waited for him to explain everything, but all he did was looking around the place.

"Is anybody else home?", he asked,  looking into my eyes. As far as I knew,  Mr. and Mrs. Roberts were on a business trip to Chicago and Lucas was probably at his girlfriend's house. "No", I answered, still waiting patiently.

Alex was looking down at his lap, taking a deep breath before he met my eyes again.

"It all started when I was 15.  My dad got fired and my mom left us. My dad had turned all depressed and he had used our last money on alcohol. I had to go to school every day and act like nothing happened, but of course there was one guy who saw through it. That guy was none other than the son of the man who had fired my dad. Chase Walker. "

I looked at him, schock in my eyes and a sympathy smile. He continued his story.

"Chase offered me a job. I was desperate so I took it without knowing what it was. When I found out it was too late. I had sold myself to the devil."

Alex looked away, his eyes were focused on the coffee table made of glass. He looked at me again, he had this sad expression then he said the words that made me blackout.

"I'm a drug dealer Emma, and Chase is the leader. "

Short chapter I know but I hope you like it

Next update in Janurary

Vote

Comment

Fan<3

Hugs & Kisses

-Shaj