Chapter 1

"Alright. We got pizza, kush and booze. Let's get turned up and see where the night takes us." Jamie Kirk said to his start of the year party.

"Isn't that illegal?" Morris Newman said to Lina West. She nodded vigorously. They're going to hook up tonight.

"Let's get down and dirty...!" Paris Bell yelled so that all the jocks could hear, yet she's going to go home with her virginity.

They party was the same as any high school party. Loud music, people high as a kite and drunk as a skunk, nobody hooking up. I didn't know this because I was at home. Alone. Kind of. One part of that was true...

"Oliver...? There's someone here to see you." My mum peeped into my hospital room.

"Who is it?" I turned my head.

"Hey..." Mason, my best friend, walked over to me.

"I thought I said, no visits?"

"I had to. Well, I had to get out of that party." Mason laughed. I chuckled.

"Wanna play cards?" I asked

"I gotta get home soon." He shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets. His short and messy brown hair got into his face.

"Alright. So you came to say hi?" I shifted in the hospital bed. He chuckled.

"Yes, but also..." He handed me two packages. I set one down on the table and one on my lap. That one is from Jenny."

"Jenny Clark...?"

"Yup. She sent it from Hogwarts."

"Curse being a muggle." I joked. I opened the package to see some sweets and little letter saying that she got there safely and her sister got sorted into her house.

"The second one isn't much, but my bestie and her friend wanted to get you something," I put the package on the table and picked up the second, opening it carefully. It was a single red rose and a realistic drawing of a bird underneath it. "They wanted you to have some color in this room."

"I'm getting out of here soon." I smiled. "Tell them I said thanks."

"Will do. Gotta scoot, mum is waiting." He turned on his heels and started walking out. "See you on Monday, Freak."

"See you on Monday, loser." My mum and him went out and shut the door behind him. I went to the wall and put the drawing up with tape, next to the other drawings. I smiled at the ground and went over to a vase, placing the new rose in with 5 others. Each of which, looking deathly or (one was) dead. That one I picked up and threw in the trash. Then I went to my bed, and I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up and went to my actual home. The room I was staying in got cleaned out by my mum and the drawings and roses got brought home along with a couple of other knick knacks. I went into my room and looked around in it. I took down my cork board and placed it on my bed, taking off all the notes and papers, keeping on the photos and putting on the drawings. My mum had already placed the roses on my desk, so that helped. I put the cork board up again and went to my bed to see this masterpiece. I looked at it and realized the shadows from the papers looked odd. The shadows of the paper didn't look like they belonged to the paper. Then I felt something. My legs started searing with a pain and my throat started to feel like a thousand pins were being shoved into it. I held my neck and I couldn't scream for help. I couldn't tell anyone and I couldn't move. So I stayed there with agonizing pain and realized,

He's coming.