Chapter 5

"Suicide is never the answer. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. If you somehow screw it up, it's a temporary solution to temporary problem."

It's been a week since the dinner. Lori Fisher had commuted suicide two days ago. I sat beside Veela who was trying to keep it together, Mason was comforting Marina.

"Ms Fisher was an amazing student, an exceptional person and a beautiful girl."

Veela held my hand and looked down.

"Are you ok?" I whispered to her.

"She was in two of my classes and I never talked to her."

"It's not your fault." I whispered.

"Yes it is..."

"No it isn't." I said firmly. She went silent.

By the time the assembly was over, I went for the door. Someone turned me around.

"Keagan Price." I swallowed.

"Look here, pretty boy." He whacked my across the head. "That was my girlfriend, and you were talking through the assembly." He put the brakes on my chair.

"I was comforting my friend." I said. "Who was friends with your girlfriend." I said in my defense.

"Oh yeah?" He laughed.

"That's literally why I was talking. If you don't mind I'll just-l

"I don't believe you. What if it was your girlfriend."

"It would never be."

"Because you'll never have one?" He got the upper hand and flipped my chair over. Before I hit the ground, something caught me. I looked around. "The hell...?" I whispered. Then something inside my head clicked.

"What the hell..." Keagan looked around. "D-Do you have some sort of-of wire?!" He swallowed, scared.

"Maybe I'm just magic." I smiled and chuckled. I got put upright. I wheeled myself into the washroom and that's when Jamie appeared beside me.

"You looked like you needed a hand." Jamie smiled, leaning against the wall.

"Thanks Jamie." I sighed. Mason ran into the washroom, laughing and smiling like a lunatic.

"Dude. That was awesome." Mason laughed.

"There's something we need to tell you." I said. Masons smiled faded as he saw Jamie. He looked between him and me.

"So, Jamie can wibbly wobbly like you supposedly can." Mason crossed his arms.

"I know I couldn't do it in front of you, but-"

"He can. I saw it." Jamie stood up for me.

"It happens when I concentrate hard or I'm angry. Mason please just listen to us..."

"I controlled it, so I can turn invisible at will."

"I don't believe you." Mason avoided any eye contact. I looked up at Jamie and looked down.

"If you don't want to hang out anymore, you can tell me. I'll understand."

"What! Where did you get that idea from..? It's not that I don't want to hang out anymore-"

"Last week, Wednesday. Where were you?" I was wig shopping with Jamie, and after I had to help him style it.

"I just wanted to be alone." I answered.

"Okay, Friday? Friday we usually go together downtown and go shopping with the girls. You bailed. Why?"

"My mum invited him for another dinner." Jamie said. That was honesty. I did go to his house for dinner. It was just his mum and him. His dad went to go find his brother. Mr. Kirk felt like he was the one responsible for Kians disappearance. Jamie wasn't invited, so he invited me so he wouldn't be alone with his mum. I didn't want to say that though.