Part 5

I woke up on July 1st, remembering only when I picked up my phone and saw a text reading "HAPPYBIRTHDAYYY" from Leanne, that it was my birthday. I tied my hair up and walked downstairs to the kitchen to make tea. Mum and Dad were already down there though, waiting with a cup of tea, rashers, sausages, eggs and toast and smiling all cute like. I laughed happily. "What's all this?" I asked.

"Happy Birthday Ciara!" they said simultaneously.

I thanked them and ate the breakfast. Then they went off to work and I sat down in the sitting room with my laptop. I looked at my phone and saw a message from Niall waiting to be opened. I opened it excitedly.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL! Skype me as soon as you open this" it read. I smiled to myself. He was so cute. I went onto Skype and called him straight away. He answered beaming.

"How's my birthday girl" he grinned at me. "I'm great! I just had my birthday breakfast" I licked my lips and sipped my tea. "Ugh I wish I had an Irish breakfast now" he shook his head. "...I miss you. I wish I was there". I nodded. "Me too...Birthdays suck without you" I frowned. "Don't say that! I don't want to ruin your day!" he said looking sad. "I know, sorry". I could just make out the lads in the background. They seemed to be struggling with some long sheet of plastic. Something for the stage maybe.

"What are the boys doing?" I asked Niall. He shrugged but smiled. We talked for a while more and then he turned the camera towards the boys and I saw what they were doing. There was a HUGE banner hanging across the room saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY CIARA!". I slapped my hand over my mouth. "Oh my God! Guys!" I laughed. Zayn was struggling to keep it upright, Liam was holding it over his head, Louis was standing on a chair and trying to hang it on the wall and Harry came running up to the camera saying, "CIARA I have something to say to you". "Go on" I said. Harry cleared his throat. "Breithla Shona Duit" he said, in a broken irish accent. I burst out laughing and so did Niall and Harry just stood there looking proud.

"Gah I miss you all too much!" I wiped my eyes from laughing. "Niall misses you too" Louis said, cutting off Niall who was about to say exactly that. "He tell us ALL THE TIME". I laughed and Niall blushed a little. "Well, I gotta go babe but I'll chat you later I have another surprise for you!" he smiled. The boys all "Ooh-ed and ahh-ed". I rolled my eyes at them. "Bye Niall" I said and closed the screen.

 Later Leanne called me over to her house. I got dressed in skinny jeans and a hoodie and walked over to her house. She answered the door looking all smiley and threw herself at me.

"Happy Birthday Doll!" she laughed. I thanked her and we went upstairs to her bedroom.

"Don't freak out ok?" Leanne said cautiously. My face dropped in horror. We were sitting in her room, me on the end of her bed, and she was clutching a little bag in her hands. "What did you do?". She laughed and handed me the bag. "Leanne..." I said slowly. "JUST OPEN IT!" she laughed. I looked at the little pink bag and opened it slowly. I was expecting earrings or some other sort of jewellery. I was shocked to find a white envelope inside. I took it in my hands, confused but excited. I opened it slowly and I could feel Leanne's eyes bearing into me, sick with excitement. I took out what was inside the envelope. The words, "Round Trip" and "New York" jumped out at me. My hands started to shake. I shook my head and I opened my mouth to say something but no sound came out.

"No...no" I shook my head, refusing to believe it. Leanne just sat there grinning like a maniac. "Yes yes!". "I don't believe this...did you do this?" I said, my voice rising. "I had to work overtime at the Riverside Restaurant since May but it's worth it just to see that look on your face" she smiled and shrugged shyly. I flung my arms around her neck. "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" I yelled. She laughed and hugged me back. "By the way Niall doesn't know about this, I thought you might like to surprise him" she said to me. I hugged her again. "This is the best present ever Leanne your my best friend I love you!" I cried.