Wouldn't You Prefer...

Written by: Eimi (From Quotev)
Fanart by: Pep Pizza

Setting the Stage: Again, there's not much I actually have to say for this one. It could happen at any point. :-)

Your Perspective

"Hey, Sans," you call as you watch Mettaton on the TV. "What's up?" "If you ever want to meet a new monster, just ask because... I've Mett-a-ton"

"Ahaha! Man Buttercup, that was awful!" Sans huffs as he chuckles at your 'on-the-spot' pun.

"Maybe, but the worst ones are always the best," you preach in a fake knowing manner.

"Well, I better start getting some new sauce material if I'm gonna ketchup!" Sans says, referring to the bottle of ketchup in his hand.

"Come on, ahah!" You pause to inhale. "Those puns were even worse than mine!"

"Maybe, but I still found them... humorous."

"You're killing me here, Sans!" you giggle.

"Well you are one killer audience!"

"Okay, okay. Stop now. I can't breathe," you gasp, making Sans laugh before returning his attention back to the robot on the screen.

You watch as the famous monster introduces his cooking show onscreen, swaying his hips and overly exaggerate his every movement. It gets you thinking.

"Mettaton can be great, but I don't know... he's sort of... egotistical," you murmur to yourself.
You watch as the black and pink robot dances around his studio kitchen, before kicking his leg up and slamming it onto the counter. He goes on to proclaim that that the cake dough needs more... fabulousness? Is that even a word?

"Heh... can't argue with that, Buttercup," Sans says, shrugging from his place beside you.

You blush deeply as the nickname slips huskily from between his lips... no, wait. Teeth. Uuugh! You're getting side tracked.

It seems that ever since Sans and you had... resolved your relationship, you've found that everything he says and does has been kicked up a notch. It's not that he's changed at all, but you've just become more sensitive to it.

You sneak a glance at Sans, who's leaning back more comfortably into the worn green sofa. Sans, Sans the skeleton. Your skeleton boyfriend. It's kinda weird to think that Sans would be attracted to you, especially a being like him—one with a more skeletal structure. Your eyes scan his skull's curvature and dips, and then study the way the joints on his upper spinal cord, from their place peeking out from behind his jumper's hood, stay together seamlessly. Seeing him like this, it makes you wonder... if monsters were to return to the surface, maybe humans could find out about magic, and even learn how to use it. Your curiosity grows, and you feel yourself leaning closer to look at him at a closer proximity.

You jump as the lights in his eyes flick away from the TV to look at you. You quickly grab the pillow that sat between the two of you before snapping your eyes back to the screen, attempting to look entranced. You hug the pillow to your chest, and hope that he didn't realize you were staring.

"You don't actually find him hot... do you?" Sans asks after a few seconds, taking you by surprise.

"Wh-what do you mean? Why would I?" you stutter, glancing over at the lazy, joke making skeleton. He leans towards you, looking at you with one arm propping himself up.