Spooky... Scary... Vampires!

Written By: Secretstuffwriter (Specifically Stuffwriter--this account has two owners) (From Quotev)

Fanart By: Secretstuffwriter (Specifically Secret)

Setting the Stage: Just another one that could happen any time. ;-)

~Your Perspective~

"How is this even possible?" you ask, watching the white hell outside. It's a snowstorm, but... in the underground? You're not even sure there can be snow in the first place, not to mention the wind.

"You don't know?" Sans says from the couch. He's been laying there since the terrible storm had started, and shows no sign of leaving it.

"No I don't," you say, turning to him. "But you, Mr. Know-it-all, must have a reason for this weather, right?"

"Mmmmagic."

You pout, but can't stop a grin from growing on your lips. After all, he's probably right. Lots of things down here can't be explained, and magic is the one thing monsters know best, so... there's that, you suppose.

"A-actually I think that thanks to steam f-from the core the clouds are m-made, and then t-the cold air in Snowdin is what c-causes—"

"Alphys, Alphys, Alphys," Undyne says, cutting her girlfriend off. "You talk too much."
You sigh and sit down on the couch. The moment you do, Sans repositions himself so that he's resting his head on your lap. He tries to stay cool, but he's casting glances at you to check whether you like it or not.

"Who allowed you to lay here?" you ask playfully, towering over him.

He chuckles and shrugs, giving you a mischievous look.

"My dear (Y/N), I've been loitering around this house for years. So far Papyrus has survived it, so I'm sure you can too."

You try to push him off of you, but to no avail.

"Well, Papyrus isn't the one you're torturing with your heavy thoughts," you note. You try to make a kind of pun out of it, considering he's had some really heavy stuff on his mind recently. Not at the moment, maybe, but you've seen him at his bottom quite a few times. It fills you with happiness when you remind yourself that you are the reason he keeps going. He seems to get what you're referring to, his smile growing a little bit tight at your somewhat careless inside joke.

"Yeah, but hey, Papyrus isn't the one who helped to lift those thoughts, right?"

What, is he telepathic now, too? It wouldn't surprise you—he can already use telekinesis. Mind reading isn't really that far of a stretch.

"...Right."

You catch his hand and lean back against the couch, a sigh escaping from you. The living room falls into silence.

Suddenly, there's a crash upstairs. Then the door to Papyrus's room slams open, and Monster Kid runs out.

"YOU'LL NEVER GET ME ALIVE!!!" he yells, laughing.

"What's happening?!" you exclaim, alarmed.

Sans snorts and waves his hand lazily through the air.

"It's alright—they're just playing 'Cat And Mouse.' I guess MK is the Mouse."

"You bet, uncle Sans!" Kid shouts as he rushes through the living room and into the kitchen. He hides underneath the tall sink, squeezing himself in next to a box filled with bone attacks.