Chapter 2- Surprises

Chapter 2: Surprises
Disclaimer: I do not own Power Rangers.

A/N: in the 1st paragraph, the Ensigns are all stationed where Jen and Captain Logan are....just to let ya know..

Enjoy chapter 2!

Erin

Surprises

The room he entered was dark and windowless. Only a few lights were on, but lit dimly. In the middle was a table, with officers seated all around it. One officer, however, was not present. Lieutenant Jennifer Scotts was at the Academy supervising the training a new group of cadets. At the head of the table, Senior Commander Steven Datas with his two junior commanders, Brian Revue and Joseph Vida in the chairs on each side of him. (Sr. Commander Datas wasn't stationed at the facility in Silver Hills, but in the east coast.) Circling around the table were Time Force's four Ensigns: Ensign Allison Jackson, Allie for short with her boyfriend Ensign Kyle Anders. Next to Ensign Anders was Ensign Davis Avery with his girlfriend Ensign Jamie Lombardis. All four Ensigns were Jen's closest friends, even though she was their commanding officer. Captain Logan walked in, the doors then locked behind him.

"Ah, Captain Logan, it's good to see you." Sr. Commander Datas said.

With a brief handshake Logan responded, "Yes, sir. It's good to see you too."

"Where is Lieutenant Scotts?" Datas asked looking around. The pink ranger was nowhere to be seen. She'd usually be chatting with the Ensigns at a meeting, but was nowhere to be found.

"She is supervising a training of cadets at the Academy, and is sorry that she couldn't attend." Only half of that was true. Logan didn't tell Jen about this meeting for a reason, he knew of her relationship with the Red Ranger and was afraid she'd reject this rather important decision.

"Now, down to business. If I may have everyone's attention, please. The sooner we get this problem solved, the better." Datas said. The room grew quiet.

"All of you know the new rule taken into affect just weeks ago, am I correct?"

Everyone nodded.

"Since our other rangers have left us, Lieutenant Scotts has been defending this city single-handedly," he smiled. "May I add I think she is doing a fine job of it. But we are going to need another ranger. It's too costly to create another morpher and we don't have time." He paused.

"As you all know the Time Force rangers, under the command of Alex Collins, were sent back to the year 2001 after Ransik escaped through a time hole. There they met the replacement Red Ranger, Wesley Collins. He helped them defeat Ransik and kept his morpher after the rangers left and returned home."

'Only because Jen requested that he keep the morpher' Logan thought.

"The crime rate amongst mutants as well as humans has been steadily rising within the past few months. Like I said before, its too expensive to create another morpher and we just don't have time for it. Time Force needs the only active ranger." Datas finished.

"But the Red Ranger is in the year 2003." Ensign Jackson stated.

Ensign Anders pondered for a minute, then it hit him. "Commander, are you suggesting-" he was cut off.

"Yes, Ensign Anders." Commander Datas answered quickly. Anders gasped.

"What is Alex Collin's input on this? After all, he was one of Time Force's best officers." Ensign Avery asked.

A figure stepped out of the shadows. Captain Alex Collins emerged with a stern face. He was transferred to the east coast along with Katie and Trip.

"The Red Ranger was a great fighter and willing to give up everything. I had the pleasure of meeting him once, and he was very dedicated to capturing Ransik. He worked well with the rangers, as well as with Lieutenant Scotts." He said.

"So you'd agree with Captain Logan's decision on this matter?" Commander Datas asked.

"100%" he finished.

"Captain?"

'Here it is. Let's hope it's the right one.' he thought. "With my matter in this decision, I say it is a good one. Captain Collins is right, both he and Jen worked well together." Logan finished.

There was silence. Then Commander Datas spoke. "Ensigns? What are your opinions on this? Ensign Jackson?"

"I agree with it."

"Ensign Avery?"

"100%. Go for it."

"Ensign Anders?"

"Couldn't think of a better person for the job."

"Ensign Lombardis?"

"Absolutely."

Then silence again. Commander Datas spoke. "Then it's settled. Rob, I want you to get a few of your best officers and go back and get him. And I want you to go along as well. Lieutenant Scotts can handle one day without you." He smiled.

"Yes, sir!" Logan responded.

"Ensign Jackson and I can get the paperwork done for it by the time he arrives here." Ensign Lombardis added.

"Excellent. This may be the best chapter in Time Force history ever." Logan said.

Alex smirked. As much as he hated it, he knew it would be done. He remembered what Sr. Commander Datas had told him the first day he was there. He added in quickly.

"Commander, the Red Ranger was never told our procedures and policies and had no real training for being a ranger. I am suggesting that he is given a chance to see if he still has what it takes to be a ranger."

Commander Datas looked at him.

"The history banks show he was quite into playing around and not working seriously. I am also suggesting that he be put at the rank of Officer and put into the Academy for a period and earn his morpher back." He put a major emphasis on earn. Alex hoped this would work. He knew the Commander hated having personnel who weren't trained.

"Very well, Captain Collins is right. He will earn his morpher back and be put at the rank of Officer. He will also be trained and is being put into the Academy for the rest of the term."

Alex smirked. He was happy with this decision. 'Let's see you get through this one, Wes.' he thought

Logan however was very happy with this decision. 'Wesley Collins' he thought 'welcome to the future.'

Everyone left the room, anticipating the Red Ranger's arrival not even 24 hours away.

Jen, however, wasn't aware of this decision.

HAHA! Yes, I do suck at cliffhangers..next chapter up shortly, they'll be longer eventually....