Chapter 13

Gia's P.O.V

     "Wait, so you're telling me I was right? Blondie is cuckoo?" Mal nodded.

     "Her real name's Rachel, daughter of Rapunzel, so I think you can say that she despises you two a bit more than us. Another reason why we prefer to stay under the radar, you know?" She continued.

     "Well that's not very nice." Gabby commented, nibbling at a fry.

     "No duh. Our lives are like an epilogue of a fairy tale. My mom and Audrey's mom were rivals, so it goes down in the family that we're rivals." Mal finished.

     "Our destinies are already written out, basically, but not literally." Evie added.

     "And guys, who's your friend you haven't introduced?" I said, gesturing to the quiet girl sitting on the edge of the bench.

     "Oh right! This is Jane! Daughter of Fairy Godmother. She seems really shy right now, but once you get to know her, she'll loosen up." Mal explained.

     "Okay, now that everything else appears to be out of the way, let's get to the good stuff." Evie grinned.

     Once again she took out what looked like portfolio and slipped out my design.

     "I'm not a woman of speech, so all I have to say is one word: masterpiece." Evie said.

     "What? What are we talking abo—" Jane shut close her book and slid closer.

     "Photoshop." Gabby cut in, knowingly. Mal raised her eyebrows at my sister, about to say something before she stopped herself, lips forming a straight line.

     "Let me rephrase that." She paused.

     "Gabby, with no intention of trying to be rude, as far as I'm aware, no such technology is known to be existent on the Isle." Mal informed her.

     Gabby's face showed a trace of paleness, since she's not used to ever being wrong.

"Whatever," she spit out, clearly wanting to get over the topic. Since we had all finished our meal quite a bit ago, we payed attention to what Evie had to say.

     "So basically, I was at the beach when I discovered your art piece, Gia," she started.

     "And might I say, I was pretty stunned when it came to shore. I'm a designer myself, as I believe you all know. But seriously, your design is the best I have seen! So, since all villains are technically jailed in over at the Isle, I thought that if I brought you over, your work could improve the representation report of Auradon's Official Committee of Clothing Designers. Because, besides me, everyone el—" Evie got cut short.

"Wait!" Mal exclaimed.

"Yes, my dear friend Mal who I am completely not mad at for interrupting me?" Evie's comment and grin showed clear sarcasm.

"That committee's actually a thing? Like it's an actual group of people that get together and—"

"Yes! It's a real thing! Who else do you think designs the clothing sold at Forever Auradon? Now, please no more interruptions. As I was saying, everyone else is..."

"...not very good at their job." She said.

     "So? Do you take my offer?"

     I pondered for a bit, thoughts running back and forth in my head. Finally, I decided to come up with a conclusion.

     "Yes."