Chapter 2

One year after king Ben's coronation.

Location: Auradon

Evie's P.O.V

    I was sitting on a lounge chair on the beach taking in the last of the summer air. I need some inspiration! My latest design isn't going well. I looked through my purse and took out my magic mirror. A little magic can't hurt, right?

   "Mirror, mirror in my hands, who's the best designer of the lands?" I questioned. My answer appeared.

   'Ocean' is all it said. Hmm, that's weird. Then it hit me, the best designer must be out on a boat ride. I looked out into the deep blue water. Nothing, not even a log in sight. Then I spotted movement, something was coming near the shore. The closer it got, I realized it was paper! In the water! But how is this possible? Science has proven that paper like material dissolves when in liquid. Strange.

   When it got close enough so I could reach it and not fall in the water, I picked it up. It was a drawing! And the colors weren't even smeared. As I looked at it more closely,  a red dress formed. It was a design, from a designer! According to my mirror this was a clue. Whoever designed this is the best of the lands.

   "Thank you, mirror I whispered and stood up. I need to tell the others and convince Ben into letting her come to Auradon. She needs to give me some extra pointers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   "What?! Evie, no! What are you thinking?" was Mal's reply after I told her my story.

   "I'm thinking that she could help me out and besides, if she's a little trouble at first, she'll learn that being good is  so much better than being evil." I explained.

   "But our parents! Don't you think they're planning revenge?!" Mal disagreed.

   "Come on, Mal, please-"