Claimed!

Clovis's P.O.V

I looked at the girl in front of me, whose body is shaking with racking sobs. Why would anybody do something so terrible? I'm tempted to brush her hair back. I know I've only just met her, but she's so beautiful. Her black silky hair cascaded down her shoulder in long elegant waves. I wait until her sobbing stopped, then gently shook her.

"Katerina," I said. She didn't respond. I take a closer look at her, and realize that she cried herself to sleep. For just a few moments, I stared at her until my conscience scolded me.

I carried her bridal style to the nearest bottom bunk bed right next to mine. I tuck her in and stare for a while. Even in her sleep, she's enchanting. How could that past just be hidden away? I know the brain did all sorts of weird crazy things to block out memories supposedly too traumatizing for somebody to handle, but you think you would remember being forced to kill someone by your very own parents. Or your very own parent and step parent. But that's not the point. I'm getting off topic

'Stop being such a creep, Clovis. This is almost as bad as Twilight. A 109 year old vampire staring at a girl in her sleep. Such a perv.'

Strictly speaking, she's supposed to be in the medical tent. It goes against all the camp rules to have just two people in a cabin. Nobody else is in the cabin besides me. All my half- siblings are in school or have decided to stop going to camp half-blood, ever since the Oracle mysteriously stopped working. I wondered how Apollo was doing. Probably not very well. I don't think I would be. I slid my arms under her knees and back, and used my feet to push the cabin door open.

As I made my way toward the tent, I spotted Piper and Jason waiting patiently outside of the cabin. They look concerned. After what they saw Katerina do, they should be. For themselves. I know people think that I'm too lazy to even have my own opinion, but that's not true. Whenever I see someone being wronged or crying (especially crying. Do not get me started on that) I just boil over with fury. But it's hard for me to say anything, in fear of being bullied myself. Yeah, yeah. I know it's weak. Get mad all you want. But it is the truth, it's just the way I am.

"Is she okay," Jason asked me.

"She should be, but I'm not sure about her mental state. Did you know?"

Jason seemed taken back. "Know what? That she was abused? Yeah.. I mean, that's one of the reasons we came here in the first place."

"It wasn't just that. Some memories are locked away for a reason. You seriously didn't think about that before you came to me?" I was surprised to hear myself raise myself. I honestly can't remember the last time I did. I made a conscious effort to lower it. "Just think it through next time."

I scowled. "If there even is a next time."

Wow, I'm being so bad. I know I'll regret this later, but it's kind of fun.

I stalked off without waiting for their response.

                                                                ***

"She'll be all right, right?" I asked Will Solace, head counselor of the Apollo Cabin. He hesitated for a moment.

"Physically, yes. Mentally, I'm not really sure. Her wellness depends on the circumstances. What exactly did you see inside of her head? What was so bad that she could have just passed out like that?"

He looks like he's in deep thought for a second. "Well, the fact that she still has a concussion probably helped, but still."

Hm. Just the response I expected. Gory images from Katerina's past popped into my head, so I did the best of my ability to expel them.