One day

It was a beautiful autumn day. My mom had just got home and my little brother and I were playing in the backyard.

“Lilly! Ian! Dinner!”

“Coming!” my brother and I ran into the house.

I was 12 years and probably been more lost than anyone could imagine. My brother was 8 and really loved me. If he had a nightmare he would sleep with me. If he was sick I took care of him.

“Set the plates please Lilly” my mom’s new husband said.

“why can’t your son do it?”

I had been really snotty the past 2 months, that’s when Derrick and Rick moved in. rick was my mom’s husband and Derrick was his son. They had only been married for 1 month. Dating for 3 years. Derrick and I never got along. He was a 15 year old Dark brown “swishy” hair. He only used girls for dirty things, and sat in his room all day. Me I was a 12 year old girl who only got bullied with straight A’s. Medium length blonde hair and I had a thigh gap and hip bones. Still proud of myself for that.

“Watch your tone young lady!” my mom screamed at me. “Now set the table”

“fine” I sighed and started setting the table.

“derrick dinners done.”

I hear Derrick run down the stairs.

Putting a huge glob of mashed potatoes on my plate I see a glance my mom gives Rick.

“We have exiting news”

None of us looked up.

“I’m pregnant.”

Only I looked up. Blank face with my mom looking right at me.

“And we are moving.”

“to where” I say in my most calm voice.

“uhm its about 2 hours from here. It’s a beautiful large house 5 bedroom. Your gonna love it. And there is pretty much no bullying at the school your going to go to.

“Moving schools? No!”

I took off upstairs with teary eyes.

“congrats” I hear derrick chuckle.

About 3 hours later my mom opend my door and sat on my bed next to me.

“please turn your music down.”

I was blasting sleeping with sirens. Just kinda look her and then lean over and turn the stearo down.

“yes?”

“I wanted to talk to you. Why are you so upset? Your gonna get to meet new people, and”

I cut her off

“So I guess you forgot about my best friend Alyssa? Dylan, My first boyfriend of 4 months? My other friends Maddy, Carolyn, , and Alexis. Sure im not super popular but I have the most amazing friends anyone could as for.”

“hunni I understand this is hard, but Maybe its best.. we are gonna have a beautiful new house and we are getting a new Car after that.”

“how are we going to offord this?”

“rick got a raise.”

“whatever get out”

“please start packing we are moving in a week.” She then left the room.