Chapter Four

The guy was beginning to annoy me. He had been here every afternoon for a week now, but he hadn't spoken to anyone, not even me.

I eventually got sick of it on the Friday afternoon when I saw him standing by his tree. I walked down the steps and didn't even look at him.

Instead of walking through the car park to the bus stop, I turned left and walked down the side of the school. I couldn't hear him, but I could sense he was there.

That's another thing that I've been able to do. I don't even know why I can do these things, I've questioned Mum about it but she always brushed it off, as if I imagine these things.

I took a right and went down a path that led to a lush green football field. I stopped just under a big oak tree at the edge of the field, beyond the tree was a small forest. As he got closer I could hear his footfalls; light, cocky, confident.

I turned around as he sauntered towards me. "Who are you?" I asked, my voice betrayed me by breaking at the end. He smiled again and stepped towards me, I stepped back.

"Hello to you too," he replied, his voice was perfect, husky but smooth at the same time. My heart melted involuntarily.

"Who are you?" I repeated, sternly this time. "My name is Brad" he answered with a friendly smile, "And you're Rose Kent". My heart skipped a beat as I sucked in a breath. What the fuck?

"H-how do you know that?" I stammered. "I know everything about you" he stated casually.

"Are you stalking me?" I asked, braver this time. He chuckled, looking down at his feet, "No Rose, I'm not stalking you".

"But then-"

"I know everything about you because it makes things easier," he interrupted.

I was beginning to get irritated, "Well why have you spent every afternoon gawking at me from across the car park? You know you've made my life hell at school, right?".

Pain and guilt flashed across his expression, "Yeah, I'm really sorry about that".

I purse my lips, "You should be".

His expression turned smug, "Here, let me make it up to you" he says, taking another step towards me. I stepped back, and he followed. What is wrong with this guy?

He herded me further back until my back hit the tree trunk. Brad pushed himself forward until his chest was against mine. My breath became ragged.

Swallowing my fear, I spoke, "You still didn't answer my question".

"Which question is this?" he asked sweetly. "Why do you keep following me?" I insisted.

"Because...... you're mine," he whispered before pressing his lips to mine.