Chapter Thirteen

Rose's POV

I couldn't believe we had gotten caught! I wasn't angry at Brad, more angry at myself for letting him stay.

Who am I kidding? I could never say no to him, even if he asked me to jump off a bridge. Not that he ever would, of course.

I was more angry, though, at the fact that Candace had practically dangled herself in front of Brad as if she was some piece of bait he was supposed to take.

I sat at my table waiting for the break to end. Everyone's eyes were on me, staring at me like I was some sort of mutant with four arms.

Then as if right on cue, Candace sauntered in. Not surprisingly, she walked straight up to me. Probably wanted to gloat or something. But, no, it was worse, much worse.

"Hey Rose, I can understand why your dating him. God he's good, he had me screaming for about ten minutes" she called as she walked past. That was it, I was going to kill that slut!

'Stop Rosie, she's lying' Brad said sternly in my head. 'I know that, but it makes it worse that she's lying about it,' I seethed.

'Calm down babe, you have one more class left. I'll pick you up around the side of the school. Hold on until then,' he said soothingly, 'And try to stay out of trouble.' I could hear his smirk.

'No promises,' I sighed frustratedly, 'If you see the cops out the front, pick me up out the back.'

I could hear him chuckle mentally, 'Just try not to get yourself in jail, at least till I get back.'

I took deep breaths, 'Ok, I love you'. No answer, he must have turned. The shrill bell rung and I made my way to class, trying not to rip Candace's head off every time I saw her.

****

"Hey troublemaker," Brad said with a loving smile as I walked towards him. "Hi," I replied glumly.

He pulled me into a hug, and I snuggled into his chest. I can't wait until I finish senior year so that I can get away from Candace. Brad put his hand under my chin and lifted my head up, leaning in for a kiss. I gladly obliged, letting his lips envelope mine.

I looked into his eyes, but he was looking up. "What are you looking at?" I asked as I turned my head around. Oh, Candace.

I turned back to Brad and he had a cheeky grin on his face. Oh god, what is he up to?

Brad smashed his lips against mine, devouring my mouth. Oh, I get it now. I moved with him, I wasn't going to refuse a good make out and a chance to have something over Candace for once.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. Brad took the hint, running his hands up and down my sides. They rested on my backside and he gently squeezed.

I let out a moan, a thought in the back of my mind telling me this was probably too much in public. I didn't care though, it would've pissed Candace off and right now that's all I wanted.

Slowly Brad pulled away, that gorgeous smirk on his face, "That was good acting."

I couldn't help but smirk too, "Oh that was all real baby."

He snickered, god he was hot when he did that.

I turned around to look at Candace. She was fuming, smoke practically rising from her face. Good. I smiled at her smugly, pulling Brad closer to me. Candace let out a frustrated squeal and stormed off. I laughed hysterically, which set Brad off.

We stood there in each other's arms, laughing for ages. "God, that was priceless," Brad said, wiping tears from his eyes. I nodded and giggled in response.

"Come on, let's go home," he sighed, climbing on to his motorbike. "Hang on, home?" I asked as I climbed on after him. "Uh, we're moving in to our new house, remember?" he stated.

"Oh yeah!" I realised, all the events of the day had made me forget all about it.

He chuckled, "Come on."

He revved the bike and we sped off down the highway, I couldn't wait to see our new home.