Chapter Ten

I rolled off of Brad, trying to catch my breath. "I love you," he said, pulling me to him. "I love you too," I replied softly.

I nestled my head between between his arm and his chest, tracing his sweat glistened abs. He ran his hand down my bare back, "Guess what".

"What?"

"You are now officially immortal," he answered. My eyes widened in realisation, "So I'm going to stay seventeen forever?"

"Yeah, is that a problem?" he asked, worry showing on his face. "No, no! I'm really glad to be spending eternity with you, it's just that I'm not going to be old enough to go to a night club," I replied.

He rolled his eyes. "Really? That's what you're worried about?" he chuckled. I shrugged, "Night clubbing is a very sacred ritual for young adults."

"Well your ID will say that you're eighteen next year anyway, so you'll be fine," he stated. I nodded, I didn't think about that.

Then an idea entered my mind, "What about Mum? She can't be immortal, I've seen her age along with me."

Brad shook his head, "No, she's not immortal. Once a mate's werewolf dies, the immortality is cut off."

I nod, I really didn't want to think about living an eternity without Mum, but I'd cross that bridge when I get to it.

"You ok?" Brad asked quietly. I nodded, "Yeah I'm fine."

I flash him a smile, I really just wanted to live my life in the present. Brad cupped my face with his large hands, "Hey, you can talk to me Rosie. I know you've spent your life teaching yourself to ignore your problems because you're afraid someone's going to judge you, but I'm not. We're the same species babe, just because you don't change into a wolf, doesn't mean you don't have wolf blood running through your veins. You're going to have to learn to tell me your problems, otherwise we're gonna have a big problem."

I sighed, "It's just, I was thinking about mum. Seeing us together must make it hard because she doesn't have Dad."

Brad took a moment to think, "Maybe you both should move into the wolf community. It might be good for your Mum to be around her own kind again and that way we can be together all the time."

A big smile spread across my face, "You know what? I think that's a great idea!"

"Really?" Brad asked, surprised. I kissed him, "Yes, we'll talk about it with her tomorrow, but for now! I have a better idea" I reach up and put my arms around his neck as he rolls on top of me to go for another round.