Chapter Twelve

Brad's POV

I couldn't believe it. Here I was, having a really nice moment with Rose, and then some old guy came and ruined it. I looked up at who I assumed was the principal. He was a stubby-looking man, his puffy face red as a tomato with rage.

"Excuse me young man, but I do believe you don't belong here," he spat in an all-important way. "What's it you?" I said cockily. Rose shot me a glare, but I just stood up confidentially, towering over the short man.

I could see a little fear register in his eyes, he probably thought I was going to hit him or something.

He cleared his throat, "I happen to be the principal here and if you don't leave now, I will be forced to call the authorities."

Rose gripped my arm tightly, trying to restrain me.

'Brad, don't do anything stupid. Please, for once in your life, do as you're told,' I could hear her pleading inside my head. 'Ok, but for you, not him,' I replied. Her grip on me loosened.

"Allow me to escort him out Mr Case," Candace suggested in that annoying teacher's pet sort of way. I hadn't even noticed she was there until she had spoken.

I never really noticed those kind of girls, the ones that went out of their way to make other girl's lives horrible and every guy seemed to drool over them. Did these guys even have brains?

"Thank you Candace, that's very responsible of you," he replied. Candace took my arm and tried to pull me away. I turned to Rose, "I'll see you later, ok?"

She just nodded with a terrified expression, I caught Mr Case throwing her an evil look. My blood boiled, but I tried to stay calm.

Candace was still pulling at me, her touch grabbing at my hand. This girl really doesn't take hints very well. I leaned in and gave Rose a kiss, "I love you."

Hopefully Candace got the message.

I let her pull me away, catching Mr Case's words as I left, "I thought you of all people would've made a better choice than him Miss Kent."

Candace dragged me out of the cafeteria and down the side of the building to the back of the school where she stopped.

"Hold on, I thought you were escorting me out of the school?" I asked, totally confused.

"Yeah, but I thought we could have a few moments alone first," she replied with a flirtatious grin. My stomach coiled.

Oh god, I don't think she got the message, "Um, I'm not sure if you were paying attention before, but I'm dating Rose."

A sultry look entered her eyes, "Yeah, but she doesn't have to know. I saw you watching me last week, I know how much you want me."

Candace began to edge closer towards me, running her hands down my chest. "Woah, this is not happening. I am not doing this Candace, I am in love with Rose. Last week I was looking at Rose, not you. In fact, I have no interest in you whatsoever.

Actually, you disgust me. Look at yourself, throwing yourself at a taken guy. Don't you have any self respect?" I exclaimed, pushing her away from me. I know I was laying it on a bit thick, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

She didn't give up, and charged at me, but I was too quick. I grabbed her by the wrists and pushed her up against the wall, "Are you deaf? Don't touch me ever again, ok? I don't want you, get that into your empty brain," I spat. I walked off, leaving her in a fit of rage. Girls.