Chapter Sixteen

Brad's POV

"So I think that's pretty much it for this month," I wrapped up the pack meeting, "See you all here next month."

Everyone began to get up and slowly disperse from the barn where we held our pack meetings.

I watched sadly at the forty pack members, talking and playing around as they exit the barn. There used to be more than two hundred wolves when my father was alpha, but the war with Draken wiped most of them out.

A voice broke me from my grieving thoughts. "Hey, you alright mate?" Josh asked with a worried expression. I mustered up a grim smile, "Yeah, I'm ok. Just thinking about our dwindling pack numbers." At my words, Josh's expression matched mine, "Yeah, it's not good. But the numbers will climb Brad, just give it time."

"Yeah I know. I swear to god, if I ever find Draken or his monster of a son I'm going to make them pay for the pain they've caused me and the pack," I said darkly. Josh put a hand on my shoulder, "I know you want vengeance mate, but talking like that can ruin a person. Just imagine how Rose would feel if she lost you because of it."

I took a deep breath, "You're right, I just get so angry about it."

"I've got to go mate. If I don't get home soon, Isla will kill me," he said. Josh always acts like he's tough but I detected a hint of fear in his voice, making me snicker, "Yeah, have fun with that."

He rolled his eyes before jogging out of the barn.

****

"Honey, I'm home" I chuckled at my cliché remark. I headed down the hall to the kitchen where I dropped my jacket on one of the kitchen stools. Rose didn't reply so she must be up the other end of the house.

As I made my way down the other hall I call out again, "Rosie, where are you?" Still no reply, that's weird.

I entered the bedroom to find everything in its place, but no Rose. I opened the French doors in our bedroom and headed out into the back yard. She wasn't there either, where the hell could she be?

I decided to go back into the kitchen. My steps faltered when I noticed a folded piece of paper on the kitchen bench. I snatched it up and read it:

You better hurry up and save her otherwise she'll end up like your mother.

Draken

Holy fuck.

My hands shaking, I took out my phone and dialled Josh's number. It rung three times before he picked up, "Hello?"

"Josh, round up the pack and meet me at the barn," I ordered.

"What? Why?" he asked.

"I'll explain when we get there, just do it," I snapped before hanging up.

I grabbed my jacket and quickly pulled it on before rushing out the door. Draken's going to have hell to pay when I get to him.