Chapter 11

Vanessa goes twice to two different banks before 7 hits, she'll only have to go once more tomorrow morning before they set off for Maine.

The detective on the case called Vanessa today to "regretfully inform you that we have no new information. Keep waiting."

Vanessa used all of her will power to prevent herself from telling the detective to shove his gun up his ass.

Jon and Chris stayed all day, planned for tomorrow. Vanessa would lead the way in her own car while Chris would drive behind. Jon will hop in the trunk before they enter the town, so that incase Chris is compromised, Jon will still be there.

All three know what they're walking I told, and are willing to do anything to save Lin.

-~-

Lin is surprised he isn't dead.

The amount of blood he's shed.

The pain radiating throughout his body.

Te constant throb in his head.

The fact that he hasn't been fed or given water.

Deep within him, he wishes for death.

At some point when it is dark again and Lin feels the pull of sleep, Ross comes down the stairs.

Lin stares up at him from where he lays on the ground, and sees that Ross is carrying a piece of bread and a knife.

Robert is trailing behind him, smiling.

His mouth waters at the sight of food, and he sits up slightly when Ross crouches in front of him.

"I need to do something in order for you to have this bread."

Ross considers him for a moment before smirking, unexpectedly grabbing Lin's face and sliding the knife slowly across Lin's chin.

Lin kicks weakly out at him, trying to wrench away as he screams.

Ross pulls away, his hands bloody. He looks into Lin's eyes as he sobs and swipes a blood soaked finger along his own scar on his chin.

"Now we match." Ross says blankly, throwing the piece of bread on the ground next to Lin's head as he turns back to wink at Robert, both of them retreating back up the stairs.

Lin blinks away tears and hisses at the pain of his new wound as he leans towards the bread, maneuvering it into his mouth while his hands are still immobile behind his back.

The taste of food is too overwhelming, and Lin almost sobs again. It's gone too quickly and Lin curls in on himself, allowing his eyes to shut as he hopes no nightmares will terrorize him tonight.

-~-

Lin wakes up in his bed.

He takes a deep breath and rolls over to see that Vanessa is not on her side.

Lin opens his phone to see that it is 9 am, and he sits up- it was all a dream?

He runs his hand down his leg to feel for the wound, but it isn't there.

He runs his hand over his stubble and finds the skin there is smooth.

Lin smiles, a warmth in his stomach.

Lin throws on one of his light cardigans and begins walking down the stairs, the house quiet.

That's weird-

Lin's heart stops when he reaches the bottom.

There is a man standing in the kitchen. A man he's never seen before, feeding Sebastian.

"Daddy, more." Sebastian says, and the man gives him more Cheerios.

"Hey! Who the fuck-"

"Who are you??"

The man yells back, interrupting.

"V? There's someone in the house, call the cops!"

"What do you mean?" Vanessa asks back, peaking around the corner. Her eyes narrow.

"Lin. What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean? This is my home! You're my wife and that's my son! Who the fuck is this?" Lin asks, angry and flustered.

"I've moved on, Lin. You're not welcome here anymore." Vanessa says, standing up to walk over to the man, kissing him deeply.

Lin's heart sinks.

"You abandoned us, Lin." Vanessa says.

"What? V, I was kidnapped, I didn't-"

"Save it. I know what you did. You never came back for us, didn't give a shit. So I moved on. Don't embarrass yourself in front of your son and just leave."

Lin's heart stopped beating. He stands there frozen for a moment before the door to the house is busted open.

James runs in, and without hesitation, slices Vanessa's throat.

Lin screams and runs to her as James takes care of the man and moves onto Lin's son.

Lin can't watch, buries his face in Vanessa's hair as the life is drained out of her.

As Lin looks up he sees his mom, dad, and sister laying in pools of blood in the living room.

There is blood everywhere.

The walls are splattered and there are pools of red all over the floor and furniture.

Lin stands weakly to run and grab his phone, to call for help-

"It won't help. They're all dead, now." James says casually, leaning against a wall as he twirls a bloody knife in his hand.

Lin walks up to him, and reaches for James' hand that holds the knife.

He pulls James' hand up to his neck so that the blade rests on his throat.

"Kill me too. I have nothing left to live for." Lin whispers, tears streaming down his face.

James smirks at him and pulls the blade away, standing up.

"I think killing you will ruin the fun. Goodbye, Lin." James taunts, walking towards the door.

Lin yells after him, but he's gone and when Lin turns to face his slain family they are all standing, eyes black holes.

"This is all your fault." Vanessa grits out.

"V, what? No it's not, it's-"

"Liar!! You killed our family!! You should've stayed away!! I moved on and we were safe. You did this to us,

You killed us,

You destroyed your family!!"

Lin shoots awake, panting and chest burning with pain and sadness.

Vanessa hasn't already moved on, right? She knows that he wouldn't abandon her and Sebastian... Right? 

"No." Lin whispers out to the darkness, trying to push away the dream and his thoughts.

But he's not sure he believes himself.

End note: I, again, have nothing but respect for Lin and his family. Just a work of fiction<3

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW!!