Long departed

I fall to my knees in both shock and sadness. 

I have been roughly shaken in heart and soul. 

My dear friend-no my dear brother you are no longer going to be there.

I shutter and murmurer words. I breathe was as sharp as a knife but that was nothing compared to the ache that was in my chest.

A droplet discolored the fabric covering my legs. Tears. I had just spoken to you and even joked about nonsense of what was to come. Sobbing was all I could do for you. Your silly behavior,pranks, and crazy ideas. 

You wanted to get a job and pay for your own stuff.I sniffled. Why? Why you? Why couldn't it have been someone else? 

But I already answered my own stupid questions. 

There is an evil being seeking our lives and stealing everything dear to us away. Instead of pointing the finger, I tighten my fist and growl,"I won't fall into despair. I will get through this not for me but for those who are no longer with me."

I shake and curl up alone to calm myself. I must know that death is a fact of life and one must understand that whether they want to or not.

I don't smile for myself, I'll smile for my loved ones who can't. 

I have placed a new mask upon my face.

 I don't need the mask but they do.

A/N: I have lost someone very dear to to me today. He was not a friend but a brother not by blood but by bond. May he rest in peace.