Chapter 8: New Faces

Y/n sneaked up behind Fell, stifling a giggle. Without warning, she pounced giggling as Fell tried to see who it was.

"Wha-! Oh, hey Y/n." He reached up and patted her head. She laughed once more before letting go of him.

"Hey Y/n! Come here!" She turned around, noticing Blueberry waving at her from across the room. A figure in a orange hoodie leaned against the wall beside him. She weaved through the crowd to them. It was surprising to see so many different AUs in the Sans House, it had never been that busy.

"Hey Blueberry! Um, who's this?" Her voice fell just above a whisper. The skeleton appeared to look exactly like Underswap Papyrus. Y/n remembered Ink's warning about him. He wouldn't hurt her here... right? He seemed content to let Blueberry introduce him.

"This is my  brother! Underswap Papyrus!" Papyrus stuck out his hand for Y/n to shake.

"Nice to meet you. Y/n correct? My brother told me about you." She took his hand, but immediately let go as she felt a shock. She squeaked, shaking her hand trying to ease the pain. Papyrus chuckled holding his hand palm out to reveal a hand buzzer. "You can call me Pap if you wanna." Y/n glared at him, smiling as she rubbed her hand. 

"Heya Blueberry, Pap." An arm wrapped around her shoulders as Ink came up beside Y/n. "How are you two?" Ink had a pleasant smile on his face.

"Eh, same as always Ink..." The encounter seemed to go smoothly, making Y/n wonder what made Ink worried about Underswap Papyrus.

~~~~~~~~~~

Undertale. Underfell. Underswap. Outertale. Y/n smiled scanning the room below her. She was upstairs, looking down at the busy living room. The Sanses interacting with each other was fun to watch. Especially Fell and Blueberry, they seemed to easily get on each other's nerves. She searched around for Ink, not seeing him at that moment. Perhaps he went on the roof again, it appeared to be his favorite place.

Behind Y/n's turned back, a door quietly opened, drawn to the noisy room. Barely audible glitched sounds came from a figure standing in the doorway. A haze of boxes followed them as they moved to stand beside Y/n. She turned her head, feeling someone stand beside her, what she saw was not what she expected.

"Heya, kiddo." The skeleton spoke quietly, barely heard above the noise. He was obviously a Sans. His jacket was a washed out white and around his neck was a red scarf. White glitched boxes covered his right eye, but the most prominent thing about him was the red slash across his chest.

"I'm Geno, Aftertale Sans." His eyesockets were laced with sadness as he spoke. As if those words brought bad memories.

"I-I'm Y-Y/n..." She was afraid at first, he looked so scary. The sadness that reflected in his eyes and his voice slowly melted the fear. Only the need to hug him remained. Undertale Sans had told Y/n of the genocide run and the tragedy it held. She never would have guessed something like that could happen, in any universe. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink had joined her on the second floor soon after Geno left her to mingle with everyone. Y/n leaned her head on Ink's shoulder, twining her fingers with his. He smiled at her sign of affection and in return he placed a kiss on the top of her head.

Loud tapping on glass echoed from downstairs. Classic Sans was tapping against a glass of ketchup, calling for everyone's attention. The room quieted.

"Thank you all for coming. We are all here today to recognize Y/n of Surfacetale as the second protector!" Cheers filled the empty space and died as Classic continued. "As most may know, Surfacetale was recently terminated, leaving Y/n an error survivor. We welcome her as a member of the multiverse. Hope she and Ink finally catch Error!" He raised his glass and everyone cheered. Y/n laughed, not used to being center of attention. Ink's smile widened, squeezing her hand.

"Hope she keeps Ink company as well!" Sans called out, smiling cheekily up at Ink, who's rainbow danced across his face.

"Classic!" Ink yelled, though his anger was obviously fake. Laughter filled the room. Through his embarrassment at being teased Ink still held Y/n's hand, everyone could clearly see that he liked her. She giggled, enjoying Ink's reaction.

They truly had grown close, despite the looming threat of ERROR. How will their relationship hold up when the time comes to face the glitch? Was that the reason Ink didn't let anyone help him?

Word Count: 766