Chapter 13: Hopes

Her brush leaned against a wall of the Sans House. It was eerily quiet. Everyone felt the need for silence. Ink sat on the discolored couch, head down and shoulders hunched. She had given herself up for him. Everyone was worried. We need to do something... We can't. Nothing could be done. There was little hope.

All that was left was memories. He remembered seeing her for the first time in Surfacetale. Walking home from school with her siblings. Ink had immediately became curious of her, he had never seen her before. Of course he hadn't, later he learned that she was one of a kind. The only her in the entire Multiverse.

Nothing remained of her but memories.

She was gone. That couldn't change. No more of her sweet smile. No more of her beautiful laugh. No more visits to Dancetale to dance quietly. No more leaning on each other as the Multiverse watched. No more observing the stars on the roof. No more of her hand in his. Her soul had been shattered.

 . . .

But it refused. Two halves become a whole.

Error is still terminating universes. Everyone still is in danger. She is still needed. There is still someone who needs to be SAVED.

"Did it work?"

Word Count: 212