Chapter 9: Rooftop Confessions

The celebration was drawing to a close. A few had returned to their universes. Though some still hung around, most likely spending the night there.

Ink had disappeared once again. Y/n had searched the entire house, so that only left the roof. She didn't know why she hadn't checked there first. Perhaps she was stalling. Butterflies filled her stomach as she stood at the bottom of the ladder that led to the roof. Taking a deep breath she climbed the rungs.

"Ink? Are you up here?"

"Heh, wondered how long it would take you to come up here." The skeleton propped himself up on his elbows. Y/n sat beside him placing her hand over his, instantly they were holding hands. "I really wanted to apologize for earlier.." He refused to meet her eyes, looking off to the side. A faint rainbow danced across his cheeks. 

"Ink, there's nothing to apologize for... I like you too." She squeezed his hand, but Ink refused to even glance at her.

"I was afraid of that... I didn't want to develop feelings for you. I didn't want to drag you into this whole mess with Error and the Multiverse. But today... At Waterfall..." Ink lifted his head now, his eyesockets were filled with fear and sorrow. "I can't see you get hurt now."

"Ink." She pulled him into a hug, holding him tightly as she snuggled into his scarf. "Now that I know you, as a friend and more, I don't want you to do this by yourself. I want to help you and be by your side. We're partners after all." Ink chuckled, holding Y/n close.

"How about boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"Lovers..." She giggled, pulling her face from Ink's scarf. Ink just smiled at her, shaking his head lovingly.

"Let's not start this again." The stars shined brightly in the ceiling of Omega. Core Frisk giggled and went to report to everyone else what had taken place on the roof. All was calm in the Omega Timeline. Ink had pushed down his worry for Y/n again.

Word Count: 343