Chapter 18: Save Point

~ A week later

Her feet hung over the edge, the tips of her shoes seemed to graze the stars below her. Outertale was so peaceful and pretty. Out of the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of Outertale Sans. He waved and she did as well.

Time passed, and Y/n was standing up to leave when the air grew dark, even for Outertale. She quickly located the source, a skeleton who just seemed cold-hearted.

"Do you do that everywhere you go?" She asked, pointing up at the darkening space as Error stepped towards her.

"YeAh, IT's aN aTmOsPHerIc thInG." He said, waving his hand dismissively. "AnYwAYs, I thINK I fOunD a WaY tO rEStore SurFacEtAle."  Y/n put her hands over her mouth, staring at Error with wide eyes. "YEah, I knOw.... CaN yOU taKe mE tO OmeGa?" She nodded slowly while taking out her brush.

It had been so long, she didn't even know how long. Though, she could still remember. The mad dash to find somewhere safe. The advancing wall of lethal black coding. She could almost feel the pixels glitching on her skin now. Her Sans' sacrifice to save her. She touched the bright blue coat around her waist.

She brought Error to Omega and quickly went to fetch Ink from the Multiverse. For just a second she hesitated to leave Error in Omega, but quickly dismissed the thought. He had changed, for the better.

The three of them stood in front of the many doors in Omega. Ink, Error, Y/n. Core Frisk hung back a little, quietly watching them. Error took a deep breath and touched the door knob. Suddenly, code filled the air, everyone jumped back a few feet.

"OkaY, oKAy..." Error muttered to himself, lifting his yellow fingertips to the ones and zeros. His hands moved over the code at a rapid pace. More code popped up when he touched it. Nobody was sure what exactly he was doing but trusted him to do what was asked of him. Some more than others.

"AlrIGhT, I fOUnd iT." He said with triumph. His hand hovered over a long line of coding. Y/n stared at it intensely. So close yet so far. Error started the process of bringing the universe back into existence. She wasn't sure how hard it was to bring back an entire world back but-

"TheRe.... TrY iT." The code surrounding the door disappeared and Error stepped back. She looked at him with wide eyes, Error nodded to her. She shuffled to the door, placing a shaky hand on the knob. With a deep breath she thought of the door under the stairs where she was separated from Sans. She yanked the door open.

She was greeted with a very confused but familiar face. With tears in her eyes she grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him through the universal door. She hugged him tightly while weeping into his shoulder.

"Good to see you again too Y/n..." He said rubbing her back. Looking up at Ink he asked, "did you take care of her?"

"Yeah I did... She kinda became my sidekick."

Word Count: 523

A/n: I hoped you enjoyed this little fanfic. :3 This is the first writing project I ever completed on my own. Thank you for over a thousand reads and for reading in general. ~ Ginger <3